• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2008 Get Smart Alpine -- Warning High-Res Images

Tullamore

Donation Time
Here are some high resolution shots I snaps, enjoy!

1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Plate under engine

Naaah-I think it's either to protect the underside when you drive over mines or to lower and use as a plane while crossing bodies of water.... Great, more Amphicar references at the next car show....:rolleyes:

Tullamore

Donation Time
They may have only used an Alpine in the scenes they are going to damage the car. It will be interesting to see how he uses this car,hopefully he uses it a lot. I wonder if he will have a Tiger in the scenes that would not damage the car.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Steve,
Those are great photos, thanks.
(Hey, maybe Get Smart could be the theme for our next Invasion!! Maybe, errect a large movie screen and watch the new movie - (if its out on DVD))

64beam

Donation Time
The pictures are great and I love the fact that the Alpine is used, but that stair scene does make you cringe :eek:.

skywords

Donation Time
Notice the guard under engine /transmission, looks to be a piece of plywood. At least they are trying to save something. I'll bet the Akerman Angle etc.. has changed a bit

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Get Smart/Alpine items

Be nice if they made some 1/24 or 1/18 scales die cast..... Sans rockets and related items.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
For those in the Dayton/Tipp City area, are there any drive-in theaters left -- the kind that might play this movie? Might be fun to book a whole row and have dinner catered in. We could even scam the gate by having all our buddies hide in the trunk.

Ken

Tullamore

Donation Time
One funny thing about taking a Sunbeam to the theater. Most of them now use AM/FM broadcasters for the audio instead of the speaker you set in your car. Our theater still has some of the traditional speaks.

I think a lot Sunbeams do not have stereos so you would have to bring a battery powered one to throw in the car.

Tullamore

Donation Time
Well I went and saw the movie on Friday. It was very funny and I hope will be a hit. However the Sunbeam only gets a few minutes in this movie. The movie starts with a good shot of the car and then it is used for all of about two minutes later in the movie. They did however work in the Tiger, Opel GT and Karmann Ghia into the scene.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Pacific Tiger Club up here in Seattle had 7 Tigers and 4 Alpines on display today (Saturday) in front of the Issaquah 9 Theater. Lots of people came by to look.

FYI: I was forwarded an email from the head of CATO, the Tiger club in Colorado, looking for owners to bring their Tigers to a movie showing - but specifically requesting, "Please, no Alpines." As Bugs would say, "What a mo-ROON!" An Alpine was used in probably 90% of the actual screen time that a Sunbeam appeared in the original TV show, and 100% of the movie, but they're not good enough to share a parking lot with some Tigers at a showing of Get Smart? What was the man THINKING???

Dick Sanders
Kent, WA

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Pacific Tiger Club up here in Seattle had 7 Tigers and 4 Alpines on display today (Saturday) in front of the Issaquah 9 Theater. Lots of people came by to look.

FYI: I was forwarded an email from the head of CATO, the Tiger club in Colorado, looking for owners to bring their Tigers to a movie showing - but specifically requesting, "Please, no Alpines." As Bugs would say, "What a mo-ROON!" An Alpine was used in probably 90% of the actual screen time that a Sunbeam appeared in the original TV show, and 100% of the movie, but they're not good enough to share a parking lot with some Tigers at a showing of Get Smart? What was the man THINKING???

Dick Sanders
Kent, WA

Dick, that type of "thinking" is pretty common and is responsible for the formation of the SAOCA.

Bill

Tullamore

Donation Time
I forgot to mention, I was very disappointed that the car didn't have that Tiger sound, I don't know what sound they used for the engine but it wasn't a small block ford or even the sound of the Alpine's Sunbeam engine.

sunbeammadd

Donation Time
I've only just found out that Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway (who are in Australia at the moment) were doing a promotional thing for the movie less than a mile from where I live yesterday. If only I'd known in advance maybe I could have offered my Alpine!