• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.9 crank in the 2.8 stroke info

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm still toying with the idea of using the 2.9 crank mod in my 2.8. Being new to all of this I've been searching the web for info on how changing the stroke affects things like piston deck clearance and piston compression height. Jim E worked up a set of heads for me. I plan to use Jose's cam profile. So the last thing I want to do is bust up a new set of 2.9 valves by having the piston move too high in the cylinder. I found a really good article explaining a lot of this and how to calculate the different values.

http://www.hotrod.com/howto/69883_stroke_any_engine/index.html