• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8L Capri 1977 ForSale in Colorado

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
This is a pretty nice Capri, for as old as it is. It would be a nice one to restore.

The only thing the V6 conversion could use, even though it is a stick, is the engine. It would be perfect because it has almost everything neded to make it fit the Alpine. The only thing it is missing, is the oil filter adapter. It already has the rear sump pan, the early timing cover and water pump and all the early pulleys. it would also have the electronic ignition, with all the necessary pig tails for connecting it to your Alpine.

Even though it is a stick, the Capri transmission isn´t very strong and the shifter arm bushings will be worn out too, making it not shift well. The bellhousing will only fit the Capri four speed, so you can´t use it for the T5 transmission.

The price is a bit high unless the engine is strong, then it would be OK.

Jose

SDuncan

Donation Time
My car was converted using a Capri donor. There are certainly some things that could be improved, but it was a running, driving car, which always helps. I also owned an Alpine that had a Capri rear axle in it, so I suppose that can also be used if a person wanted to swap out the entire drivetrain.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Scott,

Several guys have used the Capri rear end, but getting parts for it is hard, since it is now obsolete, but you also are pretty limited as to gear ratios. The Ford 8" is a lot stronger and they sell a whole lot of different ratios for it, up to and including a set of 4.56s, which is what I would choose.The Capri drivetrain can be used, as evidenced by your Alpine using the engine and transmission from one, but the best way to go is to use just the engine from a Capri.

I loved my three V6 Capris, and was the reason I decided to put a V6 into my first Alpine. I would like to own this one too, since they are excellent cars in themselves.

Jose

My car was converted using a Capri donor. There are certainly some things that could be improved, but it was a running, driving car, which always helps. I also owned an Alpine that had a Capri rear axle in it, so I suppose that can also be used if a person wanted to swap out the entire drivertrain.