• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8 w/ 4 bbl.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Looking at the water pump, I'd say it was a Ranger engine, check the thermostat housing and the length of the w/p snout. I'd also say he's wishing, at a grand for a motor that's never been run.

KenDemp

Donation Time
Dan,
I would guess a place called chambersburg in PA, but I don't know for sure...

I just provided the link as a service to my fellow 'beamers :D

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
It does have the later water pump . Still you cannot build the engine as it sits for what he is asking, esp. w/ the intake set up. All you need is the water pump and modified thermo housing. A good ? is what are the other 2 engines/parts.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Ken, I found it, It's Fairfield, PA . Talked to a man by name of Daniel Lode. He was to send me a list of things done and any spare parts including a couple of 2.8 V6 engines.

What do you think of the engine ? Is it a Mustang II> Mike thinks it is a Range and thinks it is the wrong Water Pump as well as the Outlet being wrong?

sd_pace

Donation Time
wants a grand for it ... hmpf.... saw one little while ago in Warner Robbins for 600.00 rebuilt w.offy and a 390c.... kicking my self now

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
May I Reflect on some prices for parts to the 2.8 V6??

Gasket set $90.00
Oil Pump screen $43.99
Cam shaft and Lifter $200.00
Oil Pan $65.99
Piston & Ring set $90.00
Water Pump $ ?
Offy Manifold $ 200.00 ??
Carb 390 $ ??
Machine shop work $ ??
Two extra engines and Misc parts $ ??

Any other cost not mentioned? Round figures of course....

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I have to agree with Steve. I am not a fan of buying someone else´s engine rebuilds. You just don´t know what they did to it. Sometimes they will say they changed everything, when they ust changed the gaskets to make it look like the rebuilt it. if it can be bought for between $500-$600, it mak be OK.

I´d still recommend rebuilding the engine yourself.

Jose

p.s. I definitely is a Ranger front timing cover and water pump.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
That settles the question for me.... it is not a '74-78 MustangII front end:eek:

My '75 Mustang II is being disassembled and heading for the Machine Shop soon.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
The only way to be sure would be to get the casting number off of the block.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
The ad says that the engine was in a Capri before, which would make it an early block. The ad says that he planned to run it in a Ranger, so must have changed the timing cover and water pump for ones from a Ranger.

Jose

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
May I Reflect on some prices for parts to the 2.8 V6??

Gasket set $90.00
Oil Pump screen $43.99
Cam shaft and Lifter $200.00
Oil Pan $65.99
Piston & Ring set $90.00
Water Pump $ ?
Offy Manifold $ 200.00 ??
Carb 390 $ ??
Machine shop work $ ??
Two extra engines and Misc parts $ ??

Any other cost not mentioned? Round figures of course....

I guess if you get ALL of it for $1K then it might not be too bad. Your price for the Offy is low, even used. I gave about $615 for the intake kit, new.
Carb $375, water pump $70, timing gears $40, I paid $75 for the oil pump and shaft.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
It is a " pig in a poke", but I would not pay what he is asking and for a conversion engine used I would want to go through it be fore installing.
If his other engines have conversion parts it would be a good deal for $600.00- 700.00.
If you are close enough for pick up w/o much expense, even better.