• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8 rebuild

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Howdy Folks
When rebuilding your engines 74 Mutt 2 what manual did you go by.
I've got a couple books but neither one of them go into detail about the engine rebuild.
Thanks, Tom j

Thor 1211

Silver Level Sponsor
v6 rebuild

Sven Pruitt's Book, How to Build and Modify Ford v6 Engines. The Bible of this engine but out of print and very hard to find. I paid $300.00 for mine on ebay.

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
I have the book Thor mentions, in almost mint condition. If you just want to rebuild to spec or hop it up big time, all the information is in that book with copious amounts of photos. I would entertain an offer....if memory serves, I believe I paid around $150 for it several years ago. PM me if you are interested. I will reply with my phone number if you want to discuss it.

Regards, Jim aka Cactusmasher

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Ahh, Jim thanks for the offer, I'm really just wanting to find a guide for rebuilding of the engine besides I'd rather spend the larger dollars on parts etc.
Tom j