• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8 parts on eBay

Jim E

Donation Time
Some good stuff there, timing cover, dizzy, dip stick, lower pulley, lower water neck housing and A !block plate! those are just gold! Heck I bet he even has the water pump pulley laid in a pile somewhere!

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
No, Jim, I bought the water pump pulley (plus fan and spacer) from him awhile back! Great price--about 1/8 of what I paid for the pulley from another eBayer.

My advice to anyone: if you're going to do this conversion, you might be tempted to buy a reman long block (as I did). Well and good, but make sure you have a junked 2.8 for everything else. I've probably taken a year off my life tracking down all of those "little goodies." I managed to get everything else eventually, but that water pump pulley is definitely the Holy Grail of auto parts. I still have an extra one, by the way, in case there's anybody out there looking for one.

Sam

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
BTW, a nice reman 2.8 short block sold for $250 this week. I considered buying it to have a just-in-case, but I finally didn't bid.

britbeam

Donation Time
BTW, a nice reman 2.8 short block sold for $250 this week. I considered buying it to have a just-in-case, but I finally didn't bid.

The only thing I dislike about a reman block is that I personally dont know what they did to the engine. There are a lot of cheap parts out there.But Im sure it was worth $250 in parts.
Dwain V6 Krazy

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Remanufactured engines can hide all kinds of sins. I worked in the engine rebuilding business, and I can tell you horror stories about welded cranks, cheap parts, poor machining, etc., etc., etc. I recommend building your own. That way you know what weht into it from the start.

Jose

chris

Donation Time
My advice to anyone: if you're going to do this conversion said:
I did the same thing. In fact I think I bought one of your pulleys. If I were to do it again, I'd find a complete Donor. It would have saved a lot of time and cost less.