• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8 Capri in Calif

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Nick,

The price so far is good, but the only things I would use from that car, are the engine and the wheels. The wheels can be cleaned up and they look great on an Alpine. The engine already has the early timing cover and a rear sump pan. The only part you´d still need, is an oil filter adapter from a Ranger.

I don´t ever believe anyone when they say that the engine has been rebuilt already. I would consider the engine a core, unless you can get it to run and can inspect it. A friend of mine, just recently, was sold an engine as rebuilt, and it turned out to have a spun rod bearing, and showd signs of abuse. The dirty condition of the engine, tells me that this engine has a lot more than 12K on it.

What I´m trying to say, is, don´t pay a lot of money for the engine, because it may not be as advertised. I´m also a bit suspicious of the missing carburetor. Seem a little bit convenient, so that the engine can´t be fired for inspection of condition.

Jose

P.S. I would also keep the electronic brain box and the long pigtails that connects the boix to the distributor and cut the pigtail that connects to the box, from the body wire harness.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I have set of the rims ready to go on Alpine with lugnuts and center caps and offset plates, they look good on a Sunbeam:cool:

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Especially the OEM tin foil wrapped around the heater hose.:rolleyes:

Naahhh! I use this special tin foil I get from this little store on the corner. The guy uses it to wrap his head to protect aliens from stealing his thoughts. I figure it's good enough to wrap my hoses....

Guys, I was only refering to the engine and wheels. Maybe recover the seats, but if you get it cheap enough you cap scrap the rest..... Heck, it's got an Offenhauser and the nice valve covers. Assuming the engine isn't junk, it might not be a bad buy.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I have set of the rims ready to go on Alpine with lugnuts and center caps and offset plates, they look good on a Sunbeam:cool:

I had not seen these wheels before and agree: they'd look great on an Alpine. Are they 13" or 14"? Do the fit in the front like Mustang II wheels? That is, slightly outside the wheel well?

Thanks.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I had not seen these wheels before and agree: they'd look great on an Alpine. Are they 13" or 14"? Do the fit in the front like Mustang II wheels? That is, slightly outside the wheel well?

Thanks.

They are called "LE CAT" rims, they were factory on the late Ghias, as the auction specifies, they are rather rare though they look pretty corroded in this case.

The rims are 13 inch and yes, they are 4 X 108 like all 70s and up 4 lug ford.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor

Thanks.

I had contacted Team Blitz in the past. They had them in stock from $35 - $75 a wheel based on condition. They also had center caps. They said the wheels are 13 x 5.5".