• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1967 Sunbeam Alpine Series V For Sale

dansah

Donation Time
I have a totally re-furbished Series V for sale in anyone is interested. The car is now in Ft. Walton Beach, FL ready to be sold. I had to move for my job and couldn't take the car with me. I have a lot more pictures so if you are interested, please let me know and I'll send them to you.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 146

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looks nice... can you post a few more preliminary pics here on the forum? Engine, interior, chassis?

dansah

Donation Time
67 Alpine V for sale

Absolutely no rust when I left it with a friend (auto shop owner) when I had to move last Dec. I have $9,500 in it but would be willing to sell it for $8,000 just because I'm in desperate need of funds to get my Tiger finished.
I will make sure my buddy has it running if/when it is purchased. I'm not sure if it has been driven since Dec.

dansah

Donation Time
History of 67 Alpine

I purchased the car after it had been completely refurbished for the purpose of using the frame (it is in good shape) for my 66 Tiger (the frame was rusting out on this car). I found out the frame was just a little too different so I had the clutch slave and master cylinders replaced, did a little work on the engine (it was running a little rich), and put it back up for sale. The car has not been driven much and runs a little rough until driven for a few minutes.
I have a binder with the car with the total history of rebuilding, which starts with completely stripping down the chassis, even the primer and taking off all rust. It shows the engine being taken out and apparently being rebuilt. Then the paint, the new seats, etc. I have not been able to find a flaw with the car with the exception of the clutch function (replaced) and the engine running a little rough, which I will be taken care of with proper tuning and use.

I will put the rest of the pictures up (I have about 15 total) this weekend at the latest. They are on an old computer and I have to transfer the file before I can post.

dansah

Donation Time
More pictures of 67 Alpine

Here are the rest of the pictures that I have for anyone interested.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 68

dansah

Donation Time
More Pics part 2

I can only upload five pics at a time so here are some more.

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 64
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 94

dansah

Donation Time
Rest of the pictures part 3

Third and last installment.

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 87

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
Red Alpine

Send me your contact info as i have a female freind in Fort lauderdale that has me keeping an eye out for a nice Alpine for her...mike in Jupiter, Fl

dansah

Donation Time
67 Alpine V for sale

From the owner:
Based on the pictures from the re-building process I would say the car the was originally Blue, but am not sure as it could have been pictures of the car stripped down to the primer that I was looking at.

Robbo

Donation Time
I bought this car a few months ago and have been pretty pleased so far. Came complete with photos and receipts, so that was good. Needed a few things - new release bearing (thanks to those who helped me locate one), refitting the crankcase ventilation, PCV and breather to filters, rebuilt and reset carbs, new coil, points, plugs, flush coolant, replace U-joints, sump gasket, side cover gasket, sway bar, removed top from being attached to sides so top will go down properly and new boot cover will attach and my favorite....my temp was reading high all the time in cool driving conditions. I was searching - rich mixture, coolant leaks, head gasket...while I was checking the gauge, turns out the voltage regulator was not connected to ground! Just hanging there behind the dash. Well, I connected it back and sure enough, temp reading came down 1/3....SO DID THE FUEL. I was almost out of gas! All in all - thanks so much to the members for helping me with some adivce and connecting to members in Utah. I'm now trying to solve the cranckase pressure and blow by, but that may take some time and patience for sure.