• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1967 Sunbeam Alpine Series IV For Sale

D

dwdixon

1964 Sunbeam Alpine Series IV For Sale

My grandfather gave me this 1964 Sunbeam Alpine Series IV, which has been sitting on his ranch for about 30 years. My grandmother wants it off the property, so I'm now trying to find a good home for it.

As can be seen in the photos, (link at bottom of page) the car is largely complete, although the glove box and steering wheel are two prominent items that are missing. The engine appears to be complete, and there is an outside chance it might even run with some fresh gas and a new battery. Don't count on it, though. The body and frame are straight and rust-free, which you would expect from a California car. The chome is tarnished and pitted in places, but not too badly. Amazingly, the doors close as perfectly as a new Cadillac! The convertible top is in sad shape, but luckily a brand new one is included.

I do not have a title for this car, so the transfer will be Bill of Sale only. The VIN number is B9400065, which indicates that this is a very early Alpine Series IV car, having been built before January of 1964, according to the Serial Number Identification page on this website. This is car #65 to come off the Series IV production line. This looks like it will be a fun project for someone, I hope it doesn't end up chopped for parts. It is too complete to be sacrificed like that! The car is in Lodi, CA. (Northern CA.) Send me a question, I'll do my best to answer it: dwdixie@gmail.com

$900.

For photos, Click here

chris

Donation Time
I'm only a few miles from Lodi. If anyone is seriously interested in this car let me know and I'll go look at it for them and take more photos.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Did anybody else catch the fact that its color code is 67, Light Green Metallic, which according to all our collective knowledge was supposed to be only available on Series 3 Alpines?

Another car surfaces to re-write the history books.....clearly the very early build date must have something to do with this?

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Series IV for sale

Yeah, I saw that too & was wondering about that as well. It's interesting because around the tag it looks to have been red at some point as well. I was expecting to see 39 there!
Cheers!
Steve

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Just a thought?

Did the Coventry Plant take special orders? I have often wondered about that fact since the odd cars in various colors and with special features that were factory only keep popping up. I know with our Sky's the whole first year production was mostly ordered by the owner not the dealers.

Donna
:D

D

dwdixon

You guys are right, there is definately some bright red paint underneath the green paint, and I had assumed it was originally red. Maybe it was originally metallic green, then painted red, then painted green again. Or, is it possible the primer was a bright red? However, this car was only driven until 1978, so it doesn't seem likely that it was re-painted twice in the span of 14 years.

napa 1

Donation Time
must have lost it's original bumpers somewhere along the way, or at least the over riders.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
There's evidence of red in almost every picture if you look at the "edges".
However, those two pix of the underside of the trunk panel look light green metallic to me.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Did anybody else catch the fact that its color code is 67, Light Green Metallic, which according to all our collective knowledge was supposed to be only available on Series 3 Alpines?

Another car surfaces to re-write the history books.....clearly the very early build date must have something to do with this?

What build date does the chassis number indicate? Car has SI-3 style over riders, and the S3 style indicator and dash warngin lights, also has early style S3 seats. Could the data plate have been swaped (as in a late s3 cars) maybe the car is the combination of 2 cars??

alpine_64

Donation Time
OK,

why is this taking so long to sell? You guys in the states have no idea what a cheap solid car is.. that car would be 5 times the price down under and already be gone... stop teasing us down here and just buy it, or i'll take another sunbeam from your shores! :eek:

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
SeriesIV for sale

Oh I think we all know it's a nice car to do a restoration on. Unfortunately it is on the "other" side of the country and freight is an issue. Having said that, this car even with the freight is a great place to start. I know I paid a little ove 2K for my S3GT and it still needs about $600 worth of sheet metal, not to mention my time, so to start out rust free is definitely the way to go, IMHO:D

Cheers!
Steve

I'd buy it, but it wouldn't be fair to let it sit outside waiting for restoration in the Northeast!

Tullamore

Donation Time
OK,

why is this taking so long to sell? You guys in the states have no idea what a cheap solid car is.. that car would be 5 times the price down under and already be gone... stop teasing us down here and just buy it, or i'll take another sunbeam from your shores! :eek:

Oh I think we all know it's a nice car to do a restoration on. Unfortunately it is on the "other" side of the country and freight is an issue.

Yep if that car were near me I would love to bring it home, but the US is a huge country! Not that Australia isn't but you guys only live on the coast on the south eastern side :D

Maybe the other problem is that for those who are actually in California they already have plenty of Alpines out there to choose from.