• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1967 ALPINE series V Orchid Green with Black interior

Sownman

Donation Time
Just imagine how much more it would have sold for if it was Red or Black? I bet the colour cost it about 2-4K

Imagine how much more if it had the cigar lighter rather than just having the socket ? Good eye on the pedals and gauges.

Steve R

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Just wait...

$12,100!! Yeah, we purists RULE:D

I'd have to laugh next week if the following post appeared here:

Hi! I'm new to this site but Alpines have been in my family for years (My Dad and Mom dated in one, my fat Aunt Sofie went to college in one, Uncle Rex (now institutionalized) had a red SII, a cousin twice removed had a SIV), and need some assistance.
I just purchased an Orchid Green Alpine with wire wheels and a wood dash on E-Bay and would like some information on upgrading the engine/transmission. Willing to sell my soul to the Dark Side if necessary....:eek:

:D:D

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Nick,
Please!... That shall not happen, and please stop thinking such revolting thoughts.
Merry Christmas
Jan:D

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hey Nick,

I think the e-mail I just got is from the buyer. He says he just bought an Alpine with wire wheels, and wants to know if he goes with a V6, will he have to ditch the wires.:D He wants the badest V6 I can build for it.

Jose :D

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Thus spake Jan...

Nick,
Please!... That shall not happen, and please stop thinking such revolting thoughts.
Merry Christmas
Jan:D

I wish I could comply Jan, but as an Apostle of the Dark Side, unrepentant and repeat offender against the Pure, and devout follower of Jose the Creator and I am bound to the Path of the Dark Side.

Holiday Greets back at 'cha Brother and to all Sunbeamers, be ye Dark Siders or Purists.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Another Convert?

Hey Nick,

I think the e-mail I just got is from the buyer. He says he just bought an Alpine with wire wheels, and wants to know if he goes with a V6, will he have to ditch the wires.:D He wants the badest V6 I can build for it.

Mirror, Mirror on the wall..." How we going to eventually determine the "Baddest" of all?

I just had a phone meeting with a fellow in Indiana who's going to make me a kit of Wilwood front discs and build an 8.8 Ford axle with Wilwoods for my new project. He's already done one for an Alpine and knows about the driveshaft tunnel and the correct location of all the brackets.

New project (unnamed as of yet) may not be the baddest, but it will be a nasty little beast.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Nick,

The baddest engine doesn't necessarily make it the quickest, unless you also have the whole package done right. I'm sure yours will be one of the quickest, because you are going with the heavy duty set up.:D On the other hand, not very many guys are as hard core as I am about maximum acceleration. I just have to have the quickest car I can get. Either way, you will definitely have a ball with it.

I wonder if the guy that wrote me will go with the hot set up?? Hummmm.;)

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Nick,

You know what would be fun? If we got several V6 Alpines together at the 2010 Invasion and took them to a drag strip. Would be great to see them run down the track. I would be willing to tune any V6 there to perform to it's top potential. I would find that really enjoyable. :D

Jose :)

alpine_64

Donation Time
I just had a phone meeting with a fellow in Indiana who's going to make me a kit of Wilwood front discs and build an 8.8 Ford axle with Wilwoods for my new project.

nick,

You know that Dale A makes 2 types of willwood kits for the sunbeams. Bolt right on, one is a 10" kit the other 10.5, uses the 4 piston calipers. Or if you want even more serious stuff use the low Au $ and get a set of the hoppers stoppers front brake kit.

64beam

Donation Time
I wish I could comply Jan, but as an Apostle of the Dark Side, unrepentant and repeat offender against the Pure, and devout follower of Jose the Creator and I am bound to the Path of the Dark Side.

The force is strong in this one, Jose the Creator will be pleased. The path has now been set for you, but do not underestimate the purists. They will battle for the untouched.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Nick,

You know what would be fun? If we got several V6 Alpines together at the 2010 Invasion and took them to a drag strip. Would be great to see them run down the track. I would be willing to tune any V6 there to perform to it's top potential. I would find that really enjoyable. :D

Jose :)

Jose,

I used to race my R75/5 BMW against Z1's in the hills on twistys. Never was much of a straight line racer. There was this time with a Dodge though... Tell you that one when I see you. Would prefer a cone or timed road course.

Assuming I get it done and make it to Invasion 2010...

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Heck, I'll take on any of you down the 1/4 mile with my mighty & pure & TAC'd MK-II Tiger at the 2010 Invasion, where ever that may be mister. Bring it on....!
Sir Jan

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I spit on your V6 conversions.

Assuming you can hit a quickly moving target...:D Jan-yer kinda freakin me out now.

Reason I was thinking about having this fellow in Indiana do the front and rear was to have them done as a system. Brakes being kinda important, I figured I'd use a matched system that had been used already rather than me put one together myself. You guys have read my postings. Would you trust a brake system that I put together??? :eek: Didn't think so...

I think I sent Dale an inquiry and never got a message back. I guess he's read my postings too...

What do you all have down under?

Jim E

Donation Time
Would be interesting to know if this ebay transaction is ever completed, guess we will see if the new owner turns up or the car is re-listed. Nice car and it was bid to what seems to be the range for a nice restored car. I just never figured it to go that high what with the economy and it being the holidays.

Jim E

Donation Time
Reminds me of Monty python.... "I fart in your general direction...hahahahaaha

Jan you are never going to get the MKII sieve welded back up who are you kidding. You could read the news papaer thru that thing. hahahahahaah

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge. Know what I mean? Know what I mean?

Sorry couldn't resist the Monty Python reference.