• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1966 Series V glove box surround

Acollin

Platinum Level Sponsor
I am curious about the going price for a glove box surround for a series V alpine. I have one that needs repair, but wondering what a replacement costs.

Thanks

65beam

Donation Time
box

There is one on e bay with a starting price of 95.00 with a buy it now of 135.00. I sold one on e bay awhile back for 40.00.

Last edited:

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I would have to agree with 65. I have sold a few of them from $40 - $65, all have been one piece. I know they can be repaired, but I've never fixed one. I have filled a chip, but tossed a couple broken ones.

Acollin

Platinum Level Sponsor
I saw the one on eBay, but thought the price was high. According to Paul--- maybe twice what they should sell for.

How often do you get them Paul? I assume they would appear when someone is parting a car.

Do they just pull off? While mine is broken, the pin on the far left is stuck.

Please keep me in mind, if something comes available.

Thanks for the feedback
Andrew

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I don't have one right now, and no cars in the horizon. But I'm sure you can find one. Junkman I'm sure has one for you.

They get broke because people don't know how they are attacthed and end up breaking them. The speed nut on the far right always seems to be rusted on pretty well. The key is to pull the dash and cubby all together to get a clean removal.

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
There is a guy back east that makes them, quite stronger than originals
bad news is that they are $$ but I think worth it!

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Glove box surround

I am certain I happen to have one for sale. Need a couple days before I can check. Send me an email to remind me. Robert 64venezia (at) g mail (dot) com