• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1965 Sunbeam ALGER for sale on BAT

alpine_64

Donation Time
Was interesting to see the higher res photos of it in the BAT site after following his build posts since he started the converison, get a much better idea of the car.

Good luck to Jerry for his auction

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I've talked to a couple guys who felt pressured to accept their amount on a reserve. I also read the contract or tried to. It's a several cup of coffee document. I almost made it through but what seemed most important was BaT gets to charge the buyer their buyer's premium and they get their fee from the seller. The last Tiger in Eureka was a buyer that must have got married in the garage, because he backed out just like you have to back out through almost every garage.
I know the 2nd position guy who is getting the car to fix for a friend as a hobby restorer.
I gotta say Jerry is keeping his sense of humor with his comment to get I T help from the 6 yr old granddaughter.
:)

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Congrats on the sale.

I will end up well north of that figure on my alger build, and will not likely be able to sell it for what I will have into it. I guess we just have to do this type of thing for our own enjoyment.

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor
From the FAQ

Sellers pay a $99 listing fee, with the option to add our Plus photo service for an additional $250. There are no other seller fees on BaT. Buyers pay a 5% fee on top of the final sale price to BaT, with a minimum of $250, and capped at $5,000.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
The boilerplate is like buying a house in California. It's really strong on the credit card side. Looks pretty hard to argue that you didn't get your 15 seconds of fame by winning and BaT earning their $ .
Often wonder why some show back up on BaT in a few months to a year. Or if the buyer fails to complete the deal. I thought I read that the premium listing was much higher and included photo services and 10 day listing. A buddy had an Alger that he couldn't get NM to agree or was George Fallahey old car ad it sold for about the same price including all fees as a private sale maybe a little closer to 20 though. BaT even has the infamous "Wooden Nickel" car .
Plus a stories cross posting of my old car and a Lord Rootes one. Interesting stuff if you know what you are looking at in small Tiger and Sunbeam world. Hope our seller got what he hoped for.

Fasttiger

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi Everyone,
Dumb ass here finally got logged on☹️
The Auction was a real nail biter right to the end and the car sold for 16k and I had a reserve of 15k
A little lower than what I wanted but it needed to go so I can get my Tiger going.
I put a lot of time in the car and hopefully the new owner will be happy.
The car is going to Athens, Greece to a car dealer there.
Still working on getting to funds to me and having problems with the bank that I’m still using in NM and they are a little behind on technology and don’t understand a Bit Swift and to be honest I really don’t know but after researching it it’s just a way to transfer money to the US but since NM is like a third world country they don’t use this method!
So the girl I’m dealing with is going to send it another way. She has been great
She is also arranging shipping and I told her I would get it to any port in Florida and she was very thankful.
So bottom line so far it has been a exciting sale and the people at BAT also have been fantastic!
I paid 349.00 and it was worth every penny as far as I’m concerned.
The person I dealt with was a gentleman named Trevor he was so helpful and his team arranged the photographer and then edited the write up and posted all the pictures over 100, I thought the car was well represented by them!

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
be beware of international Bank Checks. Wouldn't release the car till the funds have cleared. Heard alot of stories. OR does the buyer Pay BAT and BAT Pays you ?

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Isn't Greece like a 3rd world country? Pretty sure I've seen lots of US banks in N.M .
Plus one waiting on the transfer of $ to clear. I'd also contact the second bidder. I think I mentioned that the Eureka Tiger on BaT the East coast buyer backed out of that deal and a well known Tiger guy is buying it for a friend . Gary hobby restores cars in Oregon.

After all how easy is it to get a credit card and get to be a bidder on BaT? They may not even have their money yet either. Like what's their overhead and what are they hurt in the deal falls through?
Who knows if and how many deals actually close on BaT or eBay. My pals tell me that guys win eBay auctions then show up and then try to renegotiate.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Hi Everyone,
Dumb ass here finally got logged on☹️
The Auction was a real nail biter right to the end and the car sold for 16k and I had a reserve of 15k
A little lower than what I wanted but it needed to go so I can get my Tiger going.
I put a lot of time in the car and hopefully the new owner will be happy.
The car is going to Athens, Greece to a car dealer there.
Still working on getting to funds to me and having problems with the bank that I’m still using in NM and they are a little behind on technology and don’t understand a Bit Swift and to be honest I really don’t know but after researching it it’s just a way to transfer money to the US but since NM is like a third world country they don’t use this method!
So the girl I’m dealing with is going to send it another way. She has been great
She is also arranging shipping and I told her I would get it to any port in Florida and she was very thankful.
So bottom line so far it has been a exciting sale and the people at BAT also have been fantastic!
I paid 349.00 and it was worth every penny as far as I’m concerned.
The person I dealt with was a gentleman named Trevor he was so helpful and his team arranged the photographer and then edited the write up and posted all the pictures over 100, I thought the car was well represented by them!
When we sold the Orange Alpine to a guy in Germany we set up another bank account and had the wire transfers sent there, our buyer was also to supply transit
we did a contract to the terms over the net the money came directly from his bank and the transporter came to the house and picked up the vehicle which went to New Jersey to a container and then to France for customs all and all it was pretty seamless I'm looking to put the S2000 on BAT might take a page out of your playbook!