• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

**1963 SUNBEAM - ALPINE ORIGINAL FAMILY OWNED ** CLEAN - $7,350

alpine_64

Donation Time
The clutch is seriously a leg work out. Both master and slave were resleaved and rebuilt, maybe that made it stiffer? Plus, I have to push all the way to the floor to get it to release. Is that normal? Will try using the forward position hole on the clutch pedal to see if that helps.

The generator is original. Battery is new. Connected to a multimeter, I can see the output voltage rise when revving the engine. Guessing it’s contacts in the voltage regulator. I’m following the wsm about testing and making adjustments.
If you are used to a modern clutch the early cars will just feel heavy, it won't be the MC/slave.

It shouldn't be all the way to the floor, there is a little adjustment in them. When you are taking your foot off the clutch how far up the travel before it bites? Very low or closer to the top?

daiseng

Platinum Level Sponsor
Congrats on a beautiful S2, have you tried polarizing the voltage regulator? Also, is the car positive or negative ground?
Thanks! Positive ground. I tried polarizing at the generator and also at the regulator.

daiseng

Platinum Level Sponsor
If you are used to a modern clutch the early cars will just feel heavy, it won't be the MC/slave.

It shouldn't be all the way to the floor, there is a little adjustment in them. When you are taking your foot off the clutch how far up the travel before it bites? Very low or closer to the top?
Pretty low, lifting my foot just slightly I can feel the clutch engaging.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Can you check the size of the clutch master cylinder? I think 5/8" piston was used in all Alpines. Larger diameters will "work", but require more effort.
You have received a lot of good input, but I will add a tiny morsel. TE/AE recently recognized a new class of Alpines. Original, in which condition is not judged, just how ORGINAL the car is.
Have fun with your Teen Queen and very old car!

Bill. owner of a very unoriginal Alpine.

alpine_64

Donation Time
@daiseng watched the video, car is very quiet, the intake and exhaust are surprisingly subtle.

There is a whine sound... Is that the diff or the gearbox?

The diffs have a habit of whining.. this can be caused by the lock tabs becoming squashed and the bolts begin to come loose...this can eventually damage the diff.