• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1963 Alpine on E Bay V-6, Auto-No reserve

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I have been wondering what happened to this Alpine, after the original owner, who modified it, died. This Alpine has been done very well. The only thing I can see that is different, is the color. Dean originally painted it white, so maybe his son, who Dean left it to in his will, painted it red. I must agree, that it looks a lot better in red.

This Alpine has a C4 automatic in it, which I would suggest be changed to an A4LD. Dean had the transmission rebuilt when he built the car, and he also rebuilt the engine himself, and did a great job. The only reason I suggest the A4LD over the present transmission, is that the A4LD works better for performance. At the starting price, this Alpine is a steal. Dean spared no expense to modify and restore his baby.

Whoever buys this Alpine, will get a winner.

Jose

alpine_64

Donation Time
Pretty much. I have an early grille in a Series V. I'm pretty sure the eyebrows are the same. Don't remember that it was difficult.

Bill

Wasn't the thing to watch are the hinges are diffeent on the SI and early SII and then the S3 on have another set.. there was some issue i thought that if you have the wrong hinges they clash with the early style grill?

britbeam

Donation Time
Im using late model hinges on the early grill and it requires a small cut out on the back of the grill where the hinge would contact. A little dremel work and it will function fine. This really helps on the early series Alpine where the hood rod attachs to the scuttle. I moved my support rod to the side of the lt side so it would open wide like the later Alpine.
Dwain V6 Krazy

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
I think if it's okay to say (on this board) that you don't like those stainless steel reproduction bumpers, I should be safe in saying that paint job on this car is horrible and Dean G. Marshall's choice of white was perfect. The plaque alone tells you this car was done right. I bet half the people that have looked at this car have the same ownership plans I have if nothing changes in the next nine hours. By the looks of the two scratches I see in the red paint, it'll probably be half white again after a cross crountry drive.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I can't believe that this car isn't going for more. Whoever buys this jewel, will have a great, dependable car. I just wish I had the coin to make it mine. Maybe everyone is laying back, so as not to boost the bids too far.

Jose

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
By the looks of the two scratches I see in the red paint, it'll probably be half white again after a cross crountry drive.

I think they may be reflections, at least the front fender is a reflection. The doors seem to be darker red though.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
This is a torturous day for me. I am sitting here thinking “I could sell my SIV shell/V6 project and buy this one, and then sell my S3 shell/restoration project and buy Ian’s LeMans …â€. Both are seriously calling my name. But I am maxed out in so many ways, not the least of which is storage space and then I’d be the one desperately trying to sell partially finished projects. I guess timing really is everything. Next life.

Jim E

Donation Time
This v6 car has 6 hours or so to go and so far is stupid cheap... then Ian's car is also a heck of a deal...

cbroadbooks

Donation Time
One does have to wonder....

Why the driver's side door's dovetail has been painted and overspray on the door panel, when someone obviously took the time to remove the dovetail on the passenger side. I think we are looking at two different paint periods. Perhaps there is a darker reason behind the color change.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. Jim E, I still like yours the best. I will one day make it down to Columbia on my way to GA.

jimfai

Donation Time
hello, newbie to this forum and to sunbeams in general. i am bidding this car on ebay, when was the last time any members here actually saw the car? how many years ago did the builder pass away? it has stayed in the san diego area so hopefully there is more info to be had before it closes. thanks

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
hello, newbie to this forum and to sunbeams in general. i am bidding this car on ebay, when was the last time any members here actually saw the car? how many years ago did the builder pass away? it has stayed in the san diego area so hopefully there is more info to be had before it closes. thanks

So, what's your high bid going to be? :D I've never seen this car, but my guess is...I bet that paint is covering up quite a bit of stuff! :D And it's all some really good stuff!...Guess it's a ways from here and $475 more than last time I looked...I bet that price doesn't hold either. My real guess about this car is it was restored to perfection and is now in the hands of a dealer who did the cheapo paint job. Looks like there's an Eldorado in one of the pictures the same color, so he probably got the $169 special, bought it from Mr Marshall's estate for a song, and doesn't even know he's got and thought red would be more sporty. From his answers to questions, he otherwise seems like a nice guy. Certainly isn't trying to make a fortune on this, that's for sure.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
thanks, i am sure i wil be a regular here now

Jim,

Good job. I think you will be happy with your new toy.

You have a great group of Sunbeam guys in your area, and next year's Invasion will be in your backyard, I'm looking forward to seeing your car there. You couldn't have picked a better time to get an Alpine.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
You got a great deal Jim! Welcome to the Sunbeam world. I have seen your posts and various cars on the MM site. I have a few of those myself! See you at the Invasion next year. Eric