• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1962 Series II - Driveshaft Removal

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hello,

I am getting ready to pull the Engine & Transmission for a rebuild. I am at the point of needing to remove the driveshaft. Visually I can see the driveshaft at the rear axle & its bolts there. Is the normal process to unbolt at the rear axle & pull it out of the back of the car? I ask, as I cannot see where it mates into the back of the transmission; due to the underside of the frame.

Thank you & I appreciate your knowledge!
I know how to work on my old domestic cars; but this is my first time playing with a British car.
So...I will have a lot of silly questions coming up; ha!

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
There are over 140 videos on the Sunbeam Alpine Channel on YouTube that will help you with various tasks on your Alpine.
This one might be of use with the propshafts.
Tim R