• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1962 Alpine - Transmission ID

Bronze Level Sponsor
Wondering if anyone can help me identify my transmission with the attached images?

Attachments

• Alpine Trans.jpeg
    Alpine Trans.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • Alpine Trans Badge.jpeg
    Alpine Trans Badge.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hello -
Just wondering if anyone can confirm that my 4 speed transmission (with the above numbers) is an original to our 1962.
Thanks!

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I believe the "23 8 61" is a date code for the gearbox case - August 23, 1961. The case might have been made a bit before the gearbox was assembled. You can use your VIN to determine when your car was built. https://sunbeamalpine.org/production-build-dates/

At least then you will know if the gearbox was made before or after your car was assembled. If the gearbox date code is later than your VIN manufacture date then you know the gearbox was installed later. Don't think there is any way to prove if it came with the car.

Mike

Last edited: