• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1961 Sebring Tribute Car Project Update

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
On the Sebring cars the interiors were simply vinyl coverings which snapped into place. Even the floor mats were vinyl to replicate the original mats.

From a distance you'd almost mistake the interior for stock.

BTW< I found this seat (see photo) which was out of an MGB factory rally car.
Very similar but without the silver perforated panels which you assume was for cooler seats in the hot Florida sun.

Last edited:

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Comparing weight of stock seats vs. Microcell racing seats

Today I got curious and compared the weight of the stock Series II seats against the reproduction Microcell racing seats for my Sebring tribute car. Stock Series II seats are fairly light - much lighter compared to Series 3-V seats.

But I was amazed to find there is close to a 10 pound difference between the stock seats vs. the racing seats! No wonder Sunbeam and MG ran with these seats in competition.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Figure the savings on the seats, alloy panels, and removal of the stock interior and the car was considerably lighter.

Opps... forgot they offset that saving with an enormous fuel tank. (I can't remember the size of the 61' car's tank, it was larger, and the 62's filled the entire deck behind the seat)

Steve