• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1950s Alpine Sunbeam in Philadelphia

B

Bob Laughlin

Hello. Early 1950s model Alpine in Philadelphia needs new home fast. Vehicle sat idle for 30 years and must be moved. Owner will swap for Triumph motor cycle parts or reasonable offer. Time is of the essence. Any Philadelphia area members with suggestions please contact. Thanks for your ideas.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
If somebody is truly serious about wanting this car and needs me to look at it, drop me a PM.

B

Bob Laughlin

Hello folks. No pix and no parts lists. If you are in Phila area, email me and we can discuss. This car must be moved from its current location in 3 days or get hauled away by the City of Brotherly (!) Love. Bob wants affectionados to have first dibs rather than our City haulers. Car has sat for 30 yrs.

Denise for Bob

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
So you come on this board with a potentially great car for sale, but warn it will be destroyed in 3 days if someone doesn't come for it, yet the best description you give is that it sat idle for 30 years?

Maybe it deserves to be crushed if it's a giant rust heap. Or maybe it has 12,000 original miles and has been perfectly preserved. Guess we'll never know.

I think you'd get a lot more interest if you could give us a really good description; and pictures always help. :)

Buckeye64

Donation Time
Location would be nice!!
I'm just over the bridge in NJ and would take a look if we had a good address.
Not many 50's around and would be nice to save if it's in good shape.

Buckeye64

Donation Time
OK here is the update

Went to look at the car on friday in Philadelphia. This whole thing is a story in it's self but I will stick with the Alpine for now.
It's a SI, B9009399 LRX color code 39, someone drove the car into this back yard some time in 1968 and the car has been there since.:confused: The car is mostly complete but it will never see the road again. Hood, trunk, doors, and all the metal panels rusted and no good.:mad: I will list the things I think can be saved:

One headlight eye brow
Windshield is in good shape, no cracks
Windshield chrome looks OK
Driver and passanger windows in good shape
Chrome roll up window posts
Both bumpers look OK
All gauges look OK
Engine intacted except air cleaners
Trans intact
Tail light chrome
Door handles
Trunk hinges intact
Both inside door handles and window cranks
Has a round chrome gas cap
4 steel rims
Have pixs which I will post later
Would be willing to help anyone who would be interested in any of these items.

Not an Alpine but also in this back yard is a very early Dodge Dart GT, :eek:I would say early 60's. Will post those pixs also.

Tim

Buckeye64

Donation Time
For some reason the link to Photo Bucket is not working from here.
I also put the link in the "For Sale" section under "Free Sunbea Alpine to First Taker" and it seems to be working from the For Sale section.