• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

13" wheels

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
I ran across these at a local establishment, not online anywhere. Wondering if they're 'the cat's meow' or just another wheel. Early Ford so bolt circle is supposed to be correct.

Currently shod with way-too-old Pirelli tires in both 215/60R/13 and 235/60R/13.

IMG_5270.jpg IMG_5267.jpg

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Ken,

Whether those wheels are the "cats meow" or the "cats poop" depends on the wheel width and the offset / backspace.

The critical factor on an Alpine is wheel / tire interference with the outer end of the upper A-arm. With a 13 x 6 alloy wheel and a 195 mm section width tire, anything more than about +15 mm offset (about 4.1" backspace) will probably not work because the sidewall bulge of the tire will interfere with the outer end of the upper A-arm. Alpines are "dimensionally variable", so you might or might not get away with +20 mm offset (about 4.3" backspace).

Not enough offset (less than about +10 mm with 6" wide wheels) will probably put the tires outside the front fenders.

Wheels for FWD cars typically have a large positive offset (+40 to +50 mm).

Last edited:

dmich2

Donation Time
In searching the Ebay UK site they appear to be BWA wheels. ( and I see the first photo, BWA is stamped on it.....I'm so smart. :eek: ) There were several sets listed in various sizes. Not sure if they are aftermarket or came standard on some Eenglish Ford models. Neat wheels.

Dennis

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
They're in a shop that's somewhat local to me. I will Google up BWA wheel numbering system if I can find it, and get numbers and measurements. It's unlikely I'd get them for myself, but could make arrangements for an interested party if desired.