• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. hartmandm

Hood rubber bumpers / buffers

The hood has 4 rubber bumpers / buffers, one at each corner. I am wondering if the two rear-most ones thread into a captive nut. Thanks, Mike
  2. hartmandm

Best states for car enthusiasts

https://chryslercapital.com/blog/best-states-for-car-enthusiasts Not sure how meaningful the criteria are that were used, but the bottom line is Delaware is #1. If you ain't first, you're last. :) Mike
  3. hartmandm

Stud extractors and installers

Looking for recommendations for stud extractors and installers for some probable future work. First up will probably be the exhaust manifold studs. For stud installers, I assume not damaging the threads and being able to use a torque wrench are key characteristics. For stud extractors, maybe...
  4. hartmandm

Identify the rubber trim

I am hoping someone can tell me what these trim pieces are. Two of them. Each one is 25.5" long. There appears to be a metal piece embedded along the flat edge. Thanks, Mike
  5. hartmandm

Liquid Wrench vs PB Blaster

I see many folks mention PB Blaster on the forum. You might find these tests of penetrating oils by "Project Farm" interesting. Mike
  6. hartmandm

Overdrive filters and magnets

I saw puff4 post on the TE/AE Fakebook site about cleaning filters and magnets inside the overdrive unit. I am wondering how the filters and magnets are accessed for cleaning. Does one remove the side panel with the 4 bolts? Thanks, Mike
  7. hartmandm

Series 3 turn signal

Some folks have been looking for turn signals. Maybe a series 3 item? Or maybe series 2? I'm not affiliated. https://www.ebay.com/itm/383785224050?ul_noapp=true Mike
  8. hartmandm

Alpine Parts List - Missing Pages

The Alpine Parts List that we have on the SAOCA web site is missing some pages. I am working on adding the missing pages and am down to needing just two pages. The two pages missing are pages 1 & 2 from the Amendment #16. A version of the two missing pages are in the attached PDF. I'm looking...
  9. hartmandm

Series V sales brochure

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303597522191 No connection to seller. Mike
  10. hartmandm

Engine bay brace bolts

On my series V, none of the engine bay cowl to fender brace bolts are painted. Looks like they might have been a cadmium-ish finish. Is that how they originally came? They might be the original bolts, since they have the "Auto" + "S" letters and the recessed circle, but they need some TLC...
  11. hartmandm

Horn Bolts

I'm into minutia here. Series V. I currently have unpainted stainless bolts for mounting the horn brackets. I came across a bag of hardware my dad had labeled as "series 5 horns". It looks like the bolt heads were originally painted black. The interesting part is the different bolt lengths. Two...
  12. hartmandm

Soft top cover straps

I am wondering what this part is. This was in a box of parts that appear to have come off my series V. There are two of them. Left end of the strap has a pair of cut rivets. Thanks, Mike
  13. hartmandm

1725 engine & gearbox

Saw this 1725 engine and gearbox that is available on Fakebook. Items are located in Little Rock, Arkansas. I have no relationship to the individual. https://www.facebook.com/groups/tigerseastalpineseast/permalink/540104573360733/ Mike
  14. hartmandm

Rainy day project

I assumed I would need to hang these Sunbeam pieces in the garage. However, my wife decided they would look great in our family room. She's a keeper. Hung these up today. Mike
  15. hartmandm

ID the part

Wondering if anyone recognizes this part, which was in one of my Alpine parts boxes. The circle diameter is ~3/4" and the overall length from end-to-end is 1-3/4". Thanks, Mike
  16. hartmandm

Bypass hose clamps

Did the series V come with the double-wire clamps on the bypass hose? I am replacing my bypass hose and have the clamps above. They even have the #2 BA screws. If the car originally came with these clamps, I am wondering if it is a bad idea to use them, given how hard it is to change out the...
  17. hartmandm

Thermostat housing removal 1725

Series V with 1725. I suspect the gasket (170) on my thermostat housing (169) might be leaking, or maybe the housing has developed a crack. My bypass hose also needs to be replaced. Do I need to remove the water pump in order to remove the thermostat housing? It appears the thermostat housing...
  18. hartmandm

Four-Way Flasher

I added a four-way flasher circuit to my series V. If you have an original wiring harness and have thought about adding a four-way flasher circuit, this article might be of interest. http://mhartman.net/files/sunbeam/Four%20Way%20Flasher.pdf Mike
  19. hartmandm

Horn Mounting Bracket

I am looking for a horn mounting bracket for the left side horn on my series V. The attached picture shows the same mounting bracket for the right side horn, which is the reverse angle of the left side. (Ignore the vertical bracket to which the oil cooler hose is attached. That is a custom...
  20. hartmandm

Alpine Gauge Inventory

I've started a compilation of gauges used across the series Alpines. http://wp.mhartman.net/home/cars/sunbeam/alpine/gauges A starting point was the info from a defunct Canadian Alpine web site. Additional information was pulled from the Parts Manual, as well as some gauges in my...