• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. A

Censor

To the President: Please delete my last remaining post in the Sunbeam Tiger part of the forum. It is in the "What is it worth?" discussion. If you are going to leave in the ill informed and pompous statements of Jim Dimond concerning Sunbeam Tigers and delete all but one of my rebuttal...
  2. A

Censor

To the President: Please delete my last remaining post in the Sunbeam Tiger part of the forum. It is in the "What is it worth?" discussion. If you are going to leave in the ill informed and pompous statements of Jim Dimond concerning Sunbeam Tigers and delete all but one of my rebuttal...
  3. A

Censor

To the President: Please delete my last remaining post in the Sunbeam Tiger part of the forum. It is in the "What is it worth?" discussion. If you are going to leave in the statements of Jim Dimond concerning Sunbeam Tigers and delete all but one of my rebuttal statements, then make the...
  4. A

Ouch! My senses have been over stimulated.

I really like the piston and connecting rod shifter!
  5. A

Brackets for Driving Lights

I believe that Rootes also made a bracket specific to mount fog/driving lights. I have one still in a Rootes box. It has a offset to hold the lights above the bumper. Made of very heavy steel with chrome plating. Also, I have a set made by some UK company back in the 60's for mounting fog lights
  6. A

Tiger project

What's a Sunbeam? Is it a toaster or bread or......?
  7. A

Tiger project

You are missing one point, no rebodies, only repairs.
  8. A

Tiger project

Yeah, I know how it is. I've chopped up quite a few Harringtons, LeMans and others, plus Series III GT Alpines to get good sheet metal and parts. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep them on the road.
  9. A

Tiger project

Beam, He should convert it into an Alpine, right?
  10. A

Speaking of Sunbeam Minx

Amityville??? Maybe its haunted.
  11. A

Tiger project

Looks pretty rough. I think Ebay is your best choice for top dollar.
  12. A

Newbie questions

Body work is the expensive part of any rebuild or restoration of a car. Just to strip to bare metal and repaint is between $8,000 - $10,000. Add in any replacing metal cost and for sure its at the higher end. If you did body work yourself and stripped and primed, probably around $4,000 0...
  13. A

Upper A Arm Bushings

"Roots spares in Holland " I bought and installed a set of these and they are just like the original metalastic type. So far they work great. Rick's are urethane with an inner sleeve and may have "squeeking" issues. One of the web sites mentions a couple of ways to get around the problem...
  14. A

VENEZIA for Sale

I still can't get over the front end styling. Touring should have come up with something better.
  15. A

Anyone Know About This Car?

I'd have a hard time grabbing the shift knob!
  16. A

Rootes Service Sign For Sale

Very close but the flange is painted yellow.
  17. A

Series IV Automatic

There is one in the Detroit area that makes it's appearance at various car shows.
  18. A

Rootes Service Sign For Sale

Someone beat you to it and it is $99. Check out Ebay and look for Rootes Sign. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160719693496&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en The same person has an original Rootes sign for $2400. Which seems very expensive for a...
  19. A

Automodello Sunbeam Tiger

with Hemmings Muscle Machines, the Hemmings blog and Hemmings Sports & Exoticar Car to help Automodello identify its next car to model. The overwhelming suggestion by a margin of 7 to 1 was the Sunbeam Tiger. Keeping with the standards set by Automodello with their previous releases, the...
  20. A

Alpine & Tiger projects on BaT

"It's just a hobby and supposed to be fun." You forgot the profit part.