• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Toyanvil

Steering toe-in ?

Years ago when I had my motor out I installed a new center tie rod, the one with ball joints. The car drove and steered great after the install, now 6 years later I noticed the inside edge of the tires are wearing more then the rest of the tire. I can not find anyone in town that will align an...
  2. Toyanvil

I installed a catalytic converter on my Miata powered series 2

A couple of week ago I installed a catalytic converter on my Miata powered series 2. As to the why? the Miata motor uses a one wire o2 sensor, so no heater in it, it needs the heat of the cat to work better. And it helps the air quality. Here is what I have learned in the last couple of weeks...
  3. Toyanvil

EBC Greenstuff brake pads for series 1 & 2

I now have EBC Greenstuff brake pads installed on my series 2, thank you alpine 64. EBC list them for 59-64 Daimler SP250 and for some reason EBC does not show them in their catalog for series 1 and 2 Alpines but they know they fit, I have asked EBC to add them to help other Alpine owners. The...
  4. Toyanvil

Crazy brake pad ?

It's getting harder and harder to find good brake pads for my series 2, but I can find later series all day. I have never had a later series pad in my hand, but they look close to the same size and shape. Has anyone ever tried to reshape a later series pad to fit an early series caliper?
  5. Toyanvil

For Sale Series 2 brake master cylinder

I have a Series 2 Master Cylinder with rebuild kit for sale. I bought the M/C and kit from Sunbeam Specialties and used it for years and removed it in working order to install a Mazda tandem M/C when I installed rear disc brakes on my car. $70.00 shipped to lower 48 only.
  6. Toyanvil

What brand brake master cylinder did Sunbeam Alpines come with?

What brand brake master cylinder did Sunbeam Alpines come with?
  7. Toyanvil

Series 1,2 and 3 grill

Not mine, but looks like a good deal. https://www.ebay.com/itm/185505379847?hash=item2b30fb7607:g:smcAAOSwzkBi1bW2
  8. Toyanvil

Queen's English Car Show April 10- 2022

Fun show, with a good turn out. http://www.queens-english.org/
  9. Toyanvil

My fix for clutch and brake Pedal slop.

I have been working on my clutch and brake Pedals to get rid of the slop, this is what I came up with. I machined some side bushings out of stainless steel to install a 5/8" x 1.5"shoulder bolt. The side bushings are pressed in and plug welded and then powder coated. I just need to machine a...
  10. Toyanvil

Series 1 for sale, not mine just saw the ad.

Series 1 for sale, not mine just saw the ad. https://barnfinds.com/classifieds/1960-sunbeam-alpine/
  11. Toyanvil

Went for a drive this weekend.

We have great weather here so I went for a drive, this is 130 mile loop in my area. I start in Bakersfield Ca 400' elevation up the 178 along the Kern River to the 155 over the top 4400' elevation through Glennville back to Bakersfield on Granite Road. I love this drive.
  12. Toyanvil

Not mine

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/748075422778683/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=undefined
  13. Toyanvil

Steering box rebuild and fill plug fix

I have not been able to find a fill plug, so I did this. It is 1 thousandths over and pressed in, and I can use a thread in plug now.
  14. Toyanvil

Cambria California drive

Just got home from three days in Cambria California for my wife's birthday.
  15. Toyanvil

This was fun

16. Toyanvil

My new gas cap

I pick up a lathe for my shop and though it would be fun to build a gas cap to match my wheel center caps that my friend built for me.
  17. Toyanvil

Series 2 gas cap body surround trim wanted.

I am looking for a series 2 gas cap body surround trim, anyone have one?
  18. Toyanvil

Pick up a Metal lathe

I found a 1964 Logan 11" x 36" lathe that was bought as a kit and never completed and has just been seating for the last 56 years. I have been taking it a part to clean and check everything, so far it has only needed a new belt and head bearing. Getting close to completing the lathe, then I need...
  19. Toyanvil

Steering relay lever assembly?

Will a steering relay lever assembly from a later series fit on a series 2? I am rebuilding my series 2 steering system and have extra relay lever assembly from a later series and would like to rebuild that one so I can keep driving my car and just swap it in one day.
  20. Toyanvil

Series 2 key blank?

Anyone know what key blank a series 2 door and trunk uses?