• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. L

V6 Exhaust Header Gaskets

Mark, The guys at my local AutoZone were able to order the Hooker gaskets for me and I think I received them in 2 business days. Bob
  2. L

Engine Rebuild & Tranny Switch

I bought a driveshaft for an 83-88 Tbird 3.8L AOD off ebay recently. What I received today was not really what I was expecting and I'm wondering if I can get one of you guys that have installed this shaft on our Alpine to confirm if I got the right one or not. The yoke has a 4-7/8" diameter...
  3. L

Engine Rebuild & Tranny Switch

Mark, When you get the oil pump pick up from the Ranger, don't forget to get the main cap bolts that go with it. They have threaded studs coming off the back and I looked forever for them. The Ford dealership parts guy just laughed at me. Good luck, Bob
  4. L

2.8 Ignition System

Bill, I hated the bulky Ford ignition control module in my engine bay(no offense Jose, I have complete faith the Ford module wires up and works exactly as you describe), so I decided to roll the dice with the GM HEI configuration. It appears to work great so far, although I've only fired the...
  5. L

2.8 Ignition System

What have you guys done in terms of distributor/coil/module? My motor came from a 78 Mutt II and with what I presume to be DuraSpark2 distributor, but neither a coil nor ignition module. I am learning a fair amount about wiring up the module and coil, but have you all used something simpler...