• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. P

Going to look at an Alpine

Yup, I was just looking at it. Looks much better than what I was looking at earlier, condition wise, plus it has a roll bar my son wanted already added. The only worry is the seller doesn't have the title and a non-titled car in Texas was always a nightmare in the past. It looks like it has...
  2. P

Wheels Dallas area craigslist

I saw these wheels come up locally on Craigslist. http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/pts/3678875175.html
  3. P

Thanks guys. I'll keep looking. I'm one of those people that always seems to stumble onto things other people don't so here's hoping. This car being a prime example. It had been buried for months and I just had it come up by accident. In the mean time I'll post what I see pop up in Texas on the...
  4. P

No worries. My son is more bummed out than I am, but not overly so. Mostly an "Aw MAN!" then he went back to playing his Xbox, lol. The car was certainly a basket case but it was more about working on something together anyway and it certainly was an impulse buy. I wouldn't have considered...
  5. P

Oops! Just got word he's sold it. I guess one of you guys bought it out from under me. I should have been faster on the draw and let him know before I got back into town. Best of luck whoever bought her.
  6. P

I sent him a note that yes, I want to buy it. I am trying to sort out transporting it today and hope to have it once all the details have been worked out. He knew the worth of the car's parts and really wanted it to go to someone that would put her back on the road again. My son and I are...
  7. P

The top is surprisingly rust free. Just the kind of dirtiness you see all over. The one problem is that there is a dent on passenger side. It looks like someone put a rim down on it at one time (why the hell, I'll never know) It can probably taken out with a little work I could do.
  8. P

He had a type 3 fastback and the type 3 station wagon. If you can get to Fort Worth he would probably sell. The city is after him to get rid of his cars.
  9. P

Just a follow up. I saw this car. Very rough. It's taken a pretty solid impact to the front end. Whatever it hit it took it low (high curb?). It's full of leaves so the floorboards have issues. I don't think it will ever be what it was again, but that doesn't mean it can't be an interesting and...
  10. P

LoL, I thought I was being sneaky. Good detective work. I'm heading over with the money tomorrow. I hope I don't have to fight off 20 of your guys once I get there ;)
  11. P

Thanks for the advice. It's a Texas car, so other than rust from standing water there shouldn't be any salt damage. It does have the top on in other pictures, I think he just had the top off on this one to show it was a convertible but from the look of it it has been sitting out in the weather...
  12. P

I've come across a shell of a 1960 Alpine that a fella is looking to sell. The price is cheap and I am looking for a project for me and my son (just turned 14yrs). I've only seen a few pictures of the car and have yet to kick the tires. No engine so I was thinking of going v6 Jose's route, has...