• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. bulldurham

61 Sunbeam Alpine v6 Conversion

A very good price considering all the great looking work that has been done.
  2. bulldurham

All synchro Overdrive kit

Yeah, I think it is more like 3 to 3 1/4 inch
  3. bulldurham

April 5+6 2024- Columbia, SC Invasion.

Hi Eric, not going to make it this year, Will be headed north for a few days w/ the family. Sorry to miss it
  4. bulldurham

Series II Replacement Fuel Tank

I still have my original tank L have had the car 40 + years and resealed twice. It was thin on the bottom side w/ many pinholes. Am now about 15 years past the second reseal and it is still holding. May want to give it a try if w/ a system such as POR 15; you are likely to have to reseal...
  5. bulldurham

New owner at Sunbeam Specialties

He has been the most reliable ad courteous parts suppliers I have done business with across the years.
  6. bulldurham

Series V overdrive ready gearbox

Well, I guess that clears the air. Glad I didn't tear apart the Ser V trans for a swap
  7. bulldurham

That is a question I have, also. But it would make sense that they would be the same I have a non-syncro, OD trans and a good syncro, non OD trans and thought about the possible swap. It seems to me the non syncro trans shifts differently in that the pattern is tighter and more to the center...
  8. bulldurham

do you have access to the trans the OD was on ? Or the broken shaft?
  9. bulldurham

Series II, 2.8 V6 issue

Yes, those ports connect the exhaust, side to side, and the exhaust flows through the intake. Seems a real effective way to warm the intake.
  10. bulldurham

Now what? Oil in headers

Looks like a oil drip and run ; you might wipe it off, place a piece of card board on the header pipe, run the engine and try to trace it back. I would check the oil pressure line as well as it may have been re- routed at some time in the past. Like Sunalp, I don't know of any other line or...
  11. bulldurham

Hard top paint colors

I think all the Series II's I have seen had black tops. I did mine in white when I restored it, to match the body paint.Looks like yours except not as well sorted.
  12. bulldurham

Series II, 2.8 V6 issue

Yes, said he did and based on cost and reciept I think so. Feeling pretty confident the head is a good one . Ill do a leak down test in the next couple of days. I think the local parts store will loan me a kit. If not , they are pretty cheap to buy. In the mean time I did a xhaust gas to coolant...
  13. bulldurham

Series II, 2.8 V6 issue

I had the driver side head rebuilt recently and new valve stem seals were installed at that time.As for cracks the builder gave it a good bill of health. At this point the engine runs very well w/ a notice of smoke out the pipe. so I am thinking oil may be getting past thee rings in # 4 or 5...
  14. bulldurham

Stainless Steel Bumper (later models)

I bought the VN bumpers several years ago , straight from the factory, under $ 900.00 including shipping. They are definitely thinner and will pick up any difference in mount to floor measurement, looking a bit twisted. I also think the contour is different from original,giving the over riders...
  15. bulldurham

Series II, 2.8 V6 issue

What a hoot. The chrome tips were spot welded at 3 points around the pipes leaving open spaces. Can't believe it took several days to figure out that. So, I am going to a rear resonator, at least 2.25 , y pipe and see how the sound comes out.
  16. bulldurham

Series II, 2.8 V6 issue

No, the FM 40 is not a tone I am interested in, thus the ? mark. W/ regard to the exhaust leak we have not been able to locate it, it just is not obvious at all, but the exhaust modification will go forward sometime this winter. A single pipe from mufflers back, w/ a resonator would be an easier...
  17. bulldurham

Series II, 2.8 V6 issue

Actually I was thinking about cutting before the mufflers, install a y pipe then a single FlowMaster 40 ? and a 2 inch out the back. Do you think a cross over before the mufflers ( current set up ) would make a significant difference in the sound. I would like a sound more like a stock Tiger...
  18. bulldurham

Series II, 2.8 V6 issue

OK, today John and I " knarfeled the Garfunkel" [ the Coneheads ] and I think we made progress. Basically we redid everything. I think it is running [accelerating better] starts easily. Maybe I expect 40 year old, rebuilt push rod engine to sound like my Lexus, however the old engine gets much...
  19. bulldurham

Series II, 2.8 V6 issue

Got a few things to check out, looks like. I'll update after i follow up w/ suggestions
  20. bulldurham

Series II, 2.8 V6 issue

I adjusted the valves cold, enough to feel a little drag. Took it out for a drive and still thought they were loose/noisy. Think I will tighten the intake to .012 , the exhaust to .014 and see if it makes any difference. I have seen one post on a Ranger forum stating you could go as much as...