• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. G

Hardened keys

I pulled my rear hubs thinking it would be easy to find hardened replacements. I was told that Caterpillar #1B8740 would work, but from what I can find this is not hardened. Does anyone know if this is correct? I have a pair of keys that have a spec of HRB80. Are they anywhere near...
  2. G

Door Sill Cardboard

I'm trying to install the carpet in my project V-6 Series V and have learned that there is supposed to be cardboard strips along the door sills to eliminate sharp bends of the carpet. My car is missing these, does anyone have a photo of what they shold look like or maybe describe exactly where...
  3. G

Jay Leno

Guys Check out Jay Leno's Garage! http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/ George
  4. G

Strap for Convertible Top Frame

Hi I'm trying to install a new convertible top on my Series V and wii be using seat belt material for the strap that connects the headrail with the two bowes. How does that strap run? Is it made up of two pieces? Thanks! George
  5. G

Pentastar

Does anyone know when the Chrysler Pentastar appeared on the front fenders? The car in question was produced the week of September 19, 1966. Thanks George
  6. G

Note from Director of Emergency Preparedness

SAOCA: I have asked George Farrell to bring the following to the Invasion: Lisle hydrocarbon radiator test kit (to detect blown head gasket) Compression Gauge Vacuum Gauge Infrared Thermometer Tire Gauge Stethescope Timing Light...
  7. G

Cruise Night - Winona

Wednesday from 6:30 to 9:00 is cruise night at the Lakeview Drive In, just a couple of blocks from the Invasion hotel. Hope to see a few fellow Sunbeamers! http://www.lakeviewdriveinn.com/cgi-bin/webgenie.cgi?button=66 George
  8. G

Rally Destination

Guys Here's a link to an article about the town that is the destination for the Poker Run scheduled for Saturday morning at the Invasion. It's great little town and we have found some great roadster roads for the rally...
  9. G

Incentive from Jose

When I talked to V6 Jose, last week , he said he wanted to do something to encourage attendance at the Invasion and would give a $100 discount on his conversion kit to anyone participating in the Invasion. Thanks. Jose
  10. G

Darkside Tech Session

We will have to revise the time for the Skype tech session with V6 Jose. We will be doing it after the boat cruise Saturday evening, as soon as we get back to the hotel. Paul A and I met with the hotel meeting and events director and tested their A-V setup. We called Jose and projected his...
  11. G

Temp Gauge Problem

The Temp gauge on my v-6 conversion is from a '69 Alpine GT. The sender is new and from Sunbeam Specialties as is the voltage stabelizer. The gas gauge reads correctly, but the temp gauge consistantly reads just below the max. The highest infrared temp I have been able to find on the engine...
  12. G

Getting unhinged!

I'm working on the doors of my project Series V, and have a very bad upper right hinge. I have two somewhat better upper left hinges, which although slightly different appear interchangable. Are they? If not anyone having a surplus right upper, please send me a private message. Thanks...
  13. G

2.8 Tappets

Guys, I have a manual for the Mustang II 2.8 which explains the recommended procedure for adjusting the tappets. Since this should be done "hot", I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations that would speed the process so the engine doesn't get too cold. Thanks Georbge
  14. G

2.8 Spark Plugs

I am confused by the fact that spark plugs listed for the 2.8 range in thread depth from .460" to .679". Can the plugs with the shorter thread depth possibly ignite the air-fuel mixture as well as the longer? What plugs are working well? Thanks George
  15. G

Driver's Window Rear Channel

Anybody have a spare driver's side rear window channel for a Series V? I have two passanger's side and a driver's sider for an earlier Series. Any help would be greatly appreciated. George
  16. G

Tach Wiring

I'm using instruments from a '69 Alpine GT in my Series V 2.8 conversion. The tachometer from the '69 appears different from the tach shown in Tom Haydens article on tach maintenance, having both a male and female bullet connector and a spade connector. Can anyone tell me how to connect this...
  17. G

Blower switch wiring

Today, I'm putting the dash together on my V-6 project and can not find anything showing the correct wiring of the heater switch. Can anyone help? Thanks, George
  18. G

T-5 Problem

The T-5 in my v-6 conversion was working perfectly until I started to put a few miles of test runs on the car. All gears worked fine, except 4th. At first it would not go into 4th, then while trying to get it to engage it hung up, not in gear, but stuck. So right now I'm literally stuck in my...
  19. G

V-6 Header Mod

I am eady to work on the exhaust system on my conversion and have read alll the old posts on the topic. But I still have a couple of questions. Does anyone have advice on, or photos of the changes to the headers needed to go through the holes on the "X" member? There have been references...
  20. G

Brake Adjuster

Hi, I am doing the rear brakes on my V-6 project and found the right self adjuster must have fallen off at some point. About 1/3 of the spur is totally without teeth. The piece that screws into it has a large area that appears to have been ground off. Does anyone have a self adjuster they...