• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. birdfan56

2.8 v6 Waterpump question

I'm sure it's been answered before but i cannot locate the answer. What size bolts are used on the water pump housing? The perimeter ones are all the same size but there are a couple inner ones that are different. Does anyone have the answer? Thanks so much, Kevin
  2. birdfan56

crossover fuel pipe outlet size

Here's my question of the day....were there different sizes of crossover fuel tank pipe outlets used? I have an early series IV that has a different diameter thread outlet (smaller) than the replacement pipe that I obtained. The new pipe has a hole drilled about a 1/4 inch in from one end and...
  3. birdfan56

windshield striker plate for top

Hi All, i need a pair of the top latch striker plates that screw onto a series 4 or 5 windshield frame. looking for a pair of clean, uncracked ones. Getting close to finishing this car at last and I can't find my old set. Thanks, Kevin
  4. birdfan56

TACHOMETER Bridge Piece

I am in need of a tachometer bridge piece and knurled nut for a series V tach. They go on the back side of the tach. Thanks, Kevin
  5. birdfan56

steering column gasket

Anyone have a good method for installing the steering column firewall gasket without removing the steering column?
  6. birdfan56

jaeger tach question

which series had the jaeger tach 2310/00 with the mainbeam and indicator lights on the tach face? thanks.
  7. birdfan56

Series IV hood

I'm looking for a series IV round corner hood in good shape and not rusty. Kevin
  8. birdfan56

speedometer recalibration

does anyone who has had their stock speedometer recalibrated to run with the v6 and t5 tranny know the number of rotations of the cable for a set distance? thanks.
  9. birdfan56

Hardtop Clamps for a IV

I am looking for a pair of series IV or V hardtop clamps in good condition. If you have a set you are willing to part with, please shoot me a PM. Thanks, Kevin
  10. birdfan56

Looking for a headlight door

I am looking for a "screw-on" style headlight door as I lost one for my '64...Anyone have one to spare? thanks, Kevin
  11. birdfan56

couple of wheels

anyone out there headed for the invasion that has a couple of steel 4lug wheels good enough for a roller that they would like to part with? kevin
  12. birdfan56

series IV engine and synchro tranny

I have a Series IV engine that i had rebuilt and a later synchromesh tranny for sale. It was to go into a car that I decided to convert to V6. It was not installed and comes with the manifolds, newly rebuilt starter, and most of the other outer parts, including a carb that will need...
  13. birdfan56

early series IV engine and tranny

I have the original, numbers matching engine along with a later model synchro tranny available that were in my early series IV gt for sale. Both have been freshly rebuilt and are ready to install in your car. Decided to go V6 again.
  14. birdfan56

mutt II bell housing

I am looking for a Mustang II bell housing. Does anyone have a spare that they are willing to part with?
  15. birdfan56

series IV GT radio console

I am searching for a series IV gt radio console...appears my car originally came with one and it was removed along the way. anyone have one they are willing to part with?
  16. birdfan56

Series IV Grill Badge

I am looking for a 64 GT grill badge/surround in good shape chrome-wise. backplate not needed.
  17. birdfan56

wood steering wheel restoration

i am trying to restore the original wood steering wheel that came with my SIV gt. Has anyone out there found a good replacement for the black plastic insert that is inset into the wood? My wheel is missing about 8" of the circle. Thanks.
  18. birdfan56

snapped windshield bolt

Has anyone out there broken off a windshield bolt on a series IV? If so, how were you able to fix it?? the right side rear one snapped off about half-way down while i was removing the nut.
  19. birdfan56

SeriesIV GT parts

I am in need of a few parts for my 64 series IVGt: 1. Center grill badge and surround 2. hardtop side clamps 3. hardtop side window frames and clamps 4. rear window stainless moulding I am looking for clamps in solid shape that are not in need of rechroming. If you have a set that you...
  20. birdfan56

SeriesIV inquiry

I have picked up a series IV gt with a color code 61...it is a a very early one #315, with a build date of dec2-6 1963..it has an SB after the LRX.. What does that signify?? The car was resprayed "poorly" at some point in dark blue but even the hardtop was originally quartz blue metallic.