• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Cactusmasher

Happy Birthday Nick

Sunday May 7th is our fearless leader's birthday. I don't know which one it is, and he's not telling. Here's hoping you have a great birthday Series 6. I'm sure it will be a cooler one than what we have here today...105 this afternoon. Jim aka Cactusmasher:cool:
  2. Cactusmasher

'How to build and modify Ford 60 degree V6 engines"

This book is a must have for V6ers wanting to build a hot but reliable Ford 2.8 V6 for their conversion. It has been out of print for a number of years and copies are hard to come by. It is authored by Sven Pruett and is considered THE Bible for modifying all 60 degree Ford V6 engines. I bought...
  3. Cactusmasher

1966 V6 conversion for sale

British racing green hardtop and body-polished aluminum wheels-excellent interior-wood dash-8 year build-only 436 miles on it-lots of shiny stuff under the bonnet. Not a concours perfect car, but a very nice driver. Over $40 K invested. Asking price is negotiable and delivery in Western U.S. is...
  4. Cactusmasher

WANTED: Series 3-4-5 Sunbeam Alpine engine and transmission

I have a good friend and fellow Sunbeamer in Phoenix who needs a factory issue Alpine engine and transmission to restore a very nice car. He has a Hillman engine and transmission in that car he would like to sell or trade if anyone needs/wants one. He will buy the Alpine engine/transmission...
  5. Cactusmasher

Happy Birthday

A hearty happy birthday to our fearless leader and grand poobah Nick aka Series 6. May you have many more...............Cactus
  6. Cactusmasher

Sunbeam salvaged parts

The following is a list of parts for sale from a salvaged 1965 Sunbeam Alpine GT. Each item is $20 unless noted otherwise. I do have photos to send you if you like, but you will have to PM me with your email address so I can send the photo(s). Items not sold to SAOCA members on this forum will...
  7. Cactusmasher

GT parting out

In the process of dismantling the '64 Alpine GT I have found the overdrive switch, with handle and wiring and the dashboard indicator light. The switch is the one that operates the overdrive unit when pushed upward. The handle then returns to the center, does not stay in the up position. To...
  8. Cactusmasher

Parting out/dismantling 1965 Series 4 GT

I am parting out a 1965 Series 4 GT. It's been sitting in the Arizona desert climate for over 20 years and has rust free fenders and round corner bonnet. Doors are not totally rust free but fixable as is the trunk lid. Trunk floor is in excellent shape and the spare tire well is rust free also...
  9. Cactusmasher

Birthday wishes to our VP

Thursday, May 7 is Nick Emmanoulides' birthday..........OK, so I'm a few hours early but I wanted to be the first one to offer my condolences...OOPS I mean congratulations. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK! Look in your mail box in a day or so. I sent you a box of your favorites.
  10. Cactusmasher

Sven Pruett book for sale

I have a very nice condition book "How to build and modify Ford 60 degree V6 engines" by Sven Pruett for sale. It's not cheap but worth it. If you are interested, please send me a pm with your inquiry or offer and I will respond in kind. Thank you.
  11. Cactusmasher

Knobs wanted

I am in need of two (2) black plastic knobs that go on the ends of the heater and air to the defroster switches/handles/sliders or whatever they're called. These protrude thru the top center of the dash, thru a face plate directly above the temp/clock/fuel gauges. I would prefer NOS or very...
  12. Cactusmasher

Hard top and convertible top clamps for sale

I have a pair of top clamps for sale....the ones that hold both the hardtop and the convertible top securely to the top of the windscreen frame. These are pristine and are original equipment to the Sunbeams. I have had them re-chromed and they look like new. No pits, scratches or marks on them...
  13. Cactusmasher

Sunbeam parts for sale

I have the following parts for sale ( Giving forum members first shot before I list them on Ebay ) 1. Factory original front license plate bracket with the uprights to support one of those long, narrow European license plates...refurbished...straightened out...repainted....looks...
  14. Cactusmasher

Parting out 1966 Series V

Am parting out a '66 Sunbeam Alpine. Most parts still available and cheap. Contact me with your needs. Car is in Phoenix. Parts that are NOT available (already missing or have been purchased): 1. No tail light assemblies 2. No front bumper 3. No front turn signal assemblies 4. No...
  15. Cactusmasher

2 Alpines for sale--1966 and 1967 Series Vs

1967 Alpine, numbers matching ( has original engine ) complete car, very straight body, only has surface rust in spare tire wheel well and front floor boards ( no holes through the metal ), has sun visors and a roll bar installed, the carburetors have been removed and are in a box in the boot...
  16. Cactusmasher

Keystone Klassic aluminum wheels

I recently came across a set of four Keystone Klassic aluminum wheels with the correct bolt pattern for Sunbeams. They have 4 spokes and all four have the Keystone center caps. They are 13X5.5 with a 3 inch backspace. They came off a series v Alpine. No curb rash and they look like they would...
  17. Cactusmasher

Series V Heater control valves

I have two (2) heater control valves that appear to be in excellent condition. One is brand new and had been on my Alpine for a couple of years but never used. ( Using a heater in Phoenix?? ) Make me an offer and I will send one or both to you as I do not intend to use a heater in my V6 Alpine.:D
  18. Cactusmasher

Carrol Shelby Talledega aluminum wheels wanted

Looking for aluminum wheels made by Carrol Shelby in Garden Grove California in early 1960's. On the back side of the wheels is the model name "TALLEDEGA'. The front side has 8 blades similar to a ceiling fan that radiate from the center hole, and came with a black plastic cap that has the...
  19. Cactusmasher

V6 water pump gaskets

Don't know if any other Darksiders have had problems locating water pump gaskets but here's my story. I was getting the Alpine ready to trailer it from Phoenix over to Kelly's in Yorba Linda for this weekend's Darksider gathering. I intended to surprise the guys by having it running, so I filled...
  20. Cactusmasher

Tiger parts - Alpine part

I am posting these items for sale here to give SAOCA members first shot before I put them on Ebay. 1. Pair of 1965 Tiger exhaust manifolds in excellent condition, no cracks or dings 2. Complete '65 Tiger wiring harness, still flexible and appears to be in good shape 3. '65 Tiger/Alpine...