• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. J

Installing convertible top

Anyone able to recommend a good source for a convertible top, series 1. Also, are they difficult install yourself?
  2. J

More series 1-2 parts

I'm sorting my stash. I have a series 1 trans if anyone needs it. Free if you pick it up. I have two series 1 convertible top frames. $50 each. Two tonneau covers; these look like originals. One needs a new zipper. One is complete but needs a cleaning. The one that needs a zipper is free...
  3. J

Carbs leaking

I started my series 1 today for the first time since it's back together. Carbs are both leaking from the brass nut under the front side. These are zeniths. Is the an o ring that seals these from leaking?
  4. J

Series I parts

I'm getting ready to shed some series I parts that I've accumulated over several years. Here's my initial list of what I have and suggested prices; Series I-II hardtop shell without trim but in good restorable condition $125 Series I-II seat shells (2) $40 for both Series...
  5. J

Interior trim sources

I'm getting ready to purchase an interiorfor my series 1. The car is black so I'm planning on a red interior wit black piping. Is there a vendor who carries the right color red?
  6. J

Carpet and upholstery kits

Anyone have a recommendation for the best source for carpet and upholstery kits for series 1? I know SS has them as do others. Are they all the same or does each supplier have their own source? I'm looking to redo a red interior in an embassy black car. I have no worthwhile color samples and I'd...
  7. J

Series 1 rear window seal to take trim

Does anyone make a rear window seal that takes the trip? I have complete trip and I'd like to use it.
  8. J

Judson Se Dee?

Bought a series 1 parts car. Mounted to the firewall is a Judson SeDee. Seems to be ignition related. Anyone know what this is?
  9. J

Judson Se Dee?

Bought a series 1 parts car. Mounted to the firewall is a Judson SeDee. Seems to be ignition related. Anyone know what this is?
  10. J

Pertronix ignition and electronic fuel pump?

I'm considering a Pertronix ignition and an electronic fuel pump for my series 1. My goal is to get as dependable and easy to start as I can with a stock series 1 motor. Anyone have experience with a similar setup? Or is there a better setup then pertronix?
  11. J

Rear hub seal leak

I've got a 1959 I'm finishing. I had someone rebuild the entire rear end from side to side. Zero miles on it but the passenger side rear hub seal is leaking. I haven't tackled a rear hub and the diagram in the workshop manual is confusing to me. From what I can see, I need to remove the drum...
  12. J

late transmission, shaft, and assorted parts in Detroit Area

Hi all, I have a standard synchro transmission and drive shaft I don't need. I also have two very nice series II A pillar window supports, a spare set of headlight eyebrows, a side view mirror (numbered as "40175") and an assortment of dash gauges that are in nice shape. In addition I have a...
  13. J

Victoria British lower fender sections?

Mates, Two questions; 1. Does anyone have any experience with VB's lower fender sections/patch panels? 2. Are the lower 12 inches of the fenders the same on all 5 series? I am trying to replace poorly fabbed lower sections for a series I without buying whole fenders or a whole car from...
  14. J

need lower fender sections

Anyone have solid lower fenders for front L and R rears, and rear fender front and rear both sides. Or, does anyone know who makes a quality repro?
  15. J

$75 sunbeam 4 speed in Detroit Area.

I have a 4 speed that came out of my series I which had a 1725 engine when I got it. It's a good trans but I don't need it. I put an OD unit in. I'd take $75 obo.
  16. J

series II windshield frame on a series I

I'm looking at using a series II windshield frame on my series I. I have he window rails for a series II as well, the long ones. Comparing the series II to the Series I, it looks like the difference between the two is the fit to the window rails. Is that right or am I missing something?
  17. J

Windshield rubber molding

I need the rubber gasket that holds the windshield glass in the frame for my series II frame. Anyone know who sells those.
  18. J

Thoughts on originality

I've got an early (late 1959) series I that's getting restored slowly. I found a really clean Series 2 windscreen frame with super nice original chrome and I have a set of series II window rails. Does it matter if I mix these parts with my series I? Is close enough good enough? I got the...
  19. J

Series I windshiled re-chrome

My 1959 SI is starting the reassembly process....finally! But I the chrome on the windscreen is to poor. I've got to replace the glass and seals so I am looking at re-chroming. Any one have any experience with the disassembly, a good chrome shop (I'm in Detroit) and an idea on the cost...
  20. J

non-OD trans

I've got a non-OD trans in good condition that I don't need. I'd sell it for Best offer or trade it for a set of SI bumper overriders.