• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Slainte

Hydro strip

If you get a chance, check out elitebodyshopstv on Instagram. Their most recent post shows a late series Alpine or Tiger getting blasted. Is this an common technique for stripping paint? I have a sudden urge to crank up my garden hose.
  2. Slainte

v6_jose contact info

Jose has asked me to post his contact information. Apparently, a number of members have tried to get in touch with him through obsolete accounts. Anyway, you can email him at v6_jose@ yahoo.com.
  3. Slainte

Heads

I'm looking for a pair of uncracked heads for a '77 Capri 2.8 V6 Cologne. Thanks for looking.
  4. Slainte

Clutch rebuilder?

Can anyone recommend a good clutch rebuilder? I have been unable to find a 9.5" Ford 10 spline ('77 Capri) to replace my original, and no one in northern California seems inclined to do the work. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
  5. Slainte

Heater core trough

The large oddly-shaped rubber piece that sits under my SV's heater core and drains through the center hose in the trans hump is pretty well shot. I assume this is a condensation / catastrophic failure catch structure. The part has been NLA from my regular suppliers for as long as I can remember...
  6. Slainte

Convertible top replacement

Can anyone remind me where to find information on how to install a replacement soft top? I know I've seen it, and I think it was on this site, but it may have been on a Tiger site, too. I can't seem to find the right search parameters to dig it up. Thanks in advance.
  7. Slainte

Diff breather redux

I posted this question in the Stock Alpine section, but I received little response (Thanks, Tom!) While I know there's a good bit of crossover readership between stock and modified, I thought I'd take a shot at asking the purely modified folks. Why am I getting enough back pressure to blow oil...
  8. Slainte

Differential breather

I'm having a bit of trouble solving a leakage problem in my SV differential. I believe I've located the leak at the breather on top of the casing. I've removed the crimped cap, but am unsure how to proceed. There is a small structure in the vent stack which moves back and forth quite freely. The...
  9. Slainte

Maybe a new Alpine will be next!

Ran across this on Wired magazine's website and thought you might get a charge out of it. http://blog.wired.com/cars/2009/04/put-some-ev-per.html