• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. beamS3

seat foam for early series

Tim Raymond, (Horn #48 from 1987) describes using MGB Squabs Left to Alpine Right & right to left. V Notching the front face 2" wide by 1.5" deep and glueing the cut faces together. "This will then give the same profile across the front as the original Alpine Microcell filling does." Bob
  2. beamS3

Hood Emblem for an S III

Michael is correct, however; some non alpine variants are slightly different in diameter. It has been several years ago, but I obtained my badge from Malcolm Anderson Imp Parts, Bay House, Main Road, Norton Fitzwarren, Nr Taunton, Somerset, TA2 6QS :D
  3. beamS3

looking for letters and a S III hood badge..

Got my Front Badge: Malcolm Anderson Imp Parts Bay House Main Road Norton Fitzwarren Nr Taunton Somerset TA2 6QS Tel: +44 (0)1823 350360 Mon-Fri (9am - 6pm) Fax: +44 (0)1823 350370 (24hr) malcolmimps@aol.com Be specific badge desired is for Alpine Bob
  4. beamS3

Eppie Weitzes Alpine

Eppie Weitz The white car previously mentioned is owned by Al Weller. Al owns 2 racing Alpines including Eppie's. However, the car mentioned is the Rootes sponsored Dennis Coad's car which was in fact a series 2 car with the fins shaved to look like a series IV. As I understand, the...
  5. beamS3

Suitable for framing....

Limey Good day The GTs produced from Series 3 onward were Body coloured. I believe the early series could be factory ordered in body colour - not all Black. Bob
  6. beamS3

Series IV Automatic

John Boggis's site claims 87 produced as "GT" variant with Automatic. he makes no claim on the number of Alpine "ST and GTs" built with the Automatic. Looking at the SAOCA series IV registry of 166 listed 21 of those are Automatics - at that rate I suggest approximate 1500 Series IV cars were...
  7. beamS3

Series IV Automatic

John Boggis's site claims 87 produced as "GT" variant with Automatic. he makes no claim on the number of Alpine "ST and GTs" built with the Automatic. Looking at the SAOCA series IV registry of 166 listed @1 of those are Automatics - at that rate I suggest approximate 1500 Series IV cars were...
  8. beamS3

Removing Badgesand Letters

John do a search under badge / emblem removal. I think those letters should be pot metal not PLASTIC.:)
  9. beamS3

Shifter rattles

Re: Service Bulletin. I received mine through Paul Norton - SAOC (but several years ago). Part 1 of 3: "Remove the change speed lever and check that the flange above the ball end of the change speed lever is not fouling the change lever shaft. If this fouling is apparent (normally indicated by...
  10. beamS3

Shifter rattles

Rootes Service Bulletins Light Car Range (WSM 124) Bulletin E6 and E8 address this issue. Bob
  11. beamS3

How many built

Bill the published number of automatics 87 were for GTs only. Looking at the survival rate I suggest that about 1000 units we're produced as automatics of the about 12000 series IV total. Bob
  12. beamS3

Brackets for Driving Lights

Original fitting for Driving/Fog lamps and badge bar was to an auxiliary steel bar which fastened behind the front bumper between the bumper mounts. The ends of this bar were offset about 1 inch so the bar was not visible behind the bumper. beamS3
  13. beamS3

Diagnosis help with Front End Shake

I have encountered a similar shimmy with old brake hoses breaking down. I presume you changed the hoses - a good precaution even if it fails to solve your "Shakes" Bob beamS3
  14. beamS3

SV instruments and panel lights

Good day SRQJeff Check "www.vintagebritishcables.com" They had a copy online of "SMITHS The Care of Instruments" which may help sort some of your problems. Bob beamS3
  15. beamS3

Embassy Black Alpine - Interior Colour

Bill Sorry to Nit Pick -- but: in order to get it right: On early cars carpeting was on the side rails, and on the transmission hump, the floors were covered in Black rubber matting. Looking at your example; the red interior had red carpeting. Bob
  16. beamS3

SAOCA Polo Shirts

Dennis- Nice Shirt Thank You. Bob BeamS3:)
  17. beamS3

Anyone know whats going on? Electronics Question

This is the bracket I intend to use. Jeep generator to alternator universal bracket - $16 from ebay Bob
  18. beamS3

from Generator to Alternator???

Jan Bought from Ebay... Check out this listing: http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-Kubota-V1502-engine-ALTERNATOR-v-1502-/270399632455?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ef512f447#ht_3053wt_1141 Everything seems good - I will be installing in about two weeks. Bob
  19. beamS3

from Generator to Alternator???

Try Denso Mini Alternator as used on Toyota Kubota? fork lifts. P/N12180 45 amp internal regulated 3 wire - about $90 Bob
  20. beamS3

tonneau cover ?

Yes - watch fastner placement Bob