• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. M

Recommended total advance for 2.8?

Hello Darksiders, It's been a while since I've been on here. Life's been busy and I play with the Alpine whenever I get a chance. Recently I replaced the distributor as I've always had a problem with the one in it over advancing. At least I think that's what the problem is.... When I get into...
  2. M

If someone is close this might be a good deal on a V6

It's already got the Offy manifold which is just a few $ more or less than the $300 starting price. No relation and all the usual disclaimers..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-8-FORD-V6-REBUILT-BRONCO-II-PINTO_W0QQitemZ290224258960QQcmdZViewItem
  3. M

So, I'm thinking about a supercharger....

I don't know that it's a wise decision given that I can't even dial a carb in but I figured it's a good way to get rid of a bunch of money real quick. I was thinking of a turbo before but I figure that a supercharger (I'm thinking a Vortech) might be easier to plumb. I've got another 2.8 in the...
  4. M

V6 idle fluctuation

Well, hopefully this weekend will be the weekend that I dig into the distributor and try to get some stuff dialed in a little better. Another problem has just crept up as of the last few days. My idle is kind of surging. I'm not sure what could be causing it but it's a bit frustrating. After...
  5. M

Distributor fix for V6

A while back there was talk about limiting the advance on the distributor on the 2.8 V6. Did anyone ever come up with a solution for that? I'm on my 3rd carb and 2nd or 3rd distributor. I've had the car up on a dyno numerous times. I'm about 99% positive that the problem lies in the distributor...