• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. T

LS Engine Alpine

https://www.motortrend.com/features/1964-sunbeam-alpine-ls3-engine-mecum-auctions/ Note- "Only Series III's had fins" Can't trust the internet. Also were there any 1964 Series III's?
  2. T

Massive Sunbeam Hoard in Oregon

https://barnfinds.com/stash-of-sunbeam-alpines-and-tigers/?utm_medium=share&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1zi_7eGM9jUX40uZOJgkYfavqtNsvKQT3c1qEcH0cd5vB_gSz0Nz_Qavg
  3. T

1600 Crank Main and Rod Dimensions

I have been searching for the main and rod diameters for a standard (stock) 1600 engine. I found a post which said the mains were 2.000. Is this correct? Does anyone know what the rods were? Thanks. Tom
  4. T

Odd 1725 Engine

I recently noticed that I have a 1725 engine that does not look "normal". The block is stamped B395008649 but 1724 is not cast on the block. Attached is a picture of the engine and a "normal" block. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks. Tom
  5. T

$99.95 United 40 Sale - Please help me clean my garage and keep wife happy.

All of the following are the same price - $99.95. I will deliver these parts to United 40 or local pick up in Orland Park, IL. I WILL NOT SHIP THESE PARTS AT THESE PRICES. Parts must be prepaid. Round and square corner hoods (bonnets) Round and square corner doors All syncro transmissions...
  6. T

Has anyone seen one of these?

101 point Alpine?
  7. T

Four Free Wire Wheels Chicago Area 60462

No broken spokes. If you come and get them, they are free. If you want me to mail 1, 2, 3 or 4 to you, give me your zip code and I'll send the price you pay for shipping.
  8. T

Alpine Part???

Saw this on ebay. Does anyone know what it is?
  9. T

New Stock Series V Alternator

British Victoria part 8-111. Was $187 in 2020 catalog. $100 (free shipping to USA) . If not sold on Forum, it will be listed on Ebay for $100 plus shipping.
  10. T

Ultimate Alpine?

David Park's Big Block Ford powered 1960 Sunbeam Alpine (britishv8.org)
  11. T

Clock Failure

It seems like the "points" on our Smiths clocks are a common cause for failure. It seems like the problem was known early. Here are two Jaguar service bulletins from 1966. Does anyone have similar Rootes service bulletins?
  12. T

Series I Rotary Engine Alpine for Sale

1960 Sunbeam Alpine | eBay
  13. T

Adding an Album to my Albums in Gallery

Could someone please explain how I can add a new album to my albums? I seem to have forgotten how to do this. Thanks. tom
  14. T

Steel Case W50 Toyota 5-Speed swap

Has anyone put a steel case Toyota 5-speed in their Alpine? I have one and I was wondering how hard it would be to install behind the stock engine. Thanks in advance for any help. Tom
  15. T

RAS VIN Plate

Does anyone know what the RAS stands for on this VIN plate (see picture). Its from a nice Series II Alpine that is on eBay. Thanks.
  16. T

New Smiths Clocks

Sort of correct. CLOCK DB4/ DB5 (astonparts.com)
  17. T

3 Free Lucas Series V Alternators

If you come and get them, they are free. If you want me to mail them to you, the price for shipping all three to the USA is $16.00. Surely one out of three is good. These came from non-running cars so I do not know if they are good. I had to take off the pulleys so they would fit in the...
  18. T

1975 Hillman Hunter Paykan Javanan for Sale on eBay

1975 Sunbeam | eBay Only $34,500 !!