• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 63alpine

Speedo Cable Oil Seal?

Hey guys. I just received the attached pic from Mike at British Speedo of my unit on his desk. He told me the root cause of my issue was oil/grease in the gauge that had come from the cable and not to re-install the speedo until I had solved the root cause. I have looked at the Parts Manual and...
  2. 63alpine

Odometer Reset Arm removal

Simple question but does the odometer reset arm simply unscrew from the bottom of the Speedo housing? I’m afraid of putting too much pressure on it and breaking something as it’s very tight. There’s an outer cover on the arm that makes it more difficult to grip. Any tips? Thanks
  3. 63alpine

British Car Club of Central Florida - All-British Car Show, April 6th

Sorry I couldn't make it to the Invasion. Hope everyone had a great time and that the event was a huge success. This same weekend we joined approx. 400 other cars for the All-British car show in sunny Sanford, Florida. There were six (6) Sunbeams representing the marque; five Tigers, including...
  4. 63alpine

Rebuilt Zenith Twin 36WIP Carbs For Sale

Pair of Zenith twin 36WIP carbs for sale. Professionally rebuilt in 2024 by Tsikuris Classics and taken from a running Series3 car. $240/pair including original linkages and fuel lines (Shipping not included). The manifold can be added for an additional $70 + shipping. PM me for more information.
  5. 63alpine

1963 Series 3 Inlet Manifold

Series 3 inlet manifold for sale, as seen below, as-is. $75 + shipping. PM me for more information.
  6. 63alpine

Weber 32/36 DGV Carb and Intake Manifold

Purchased with the intention of using on my Series 3 but instead I decided to go with the Alpine Innovations curved manifold kit. Selling the used Weber and original manifold seen in the pictures, as-is, for $85 + the cost of shipping. Please message me for details. Thanks.
  7. 63alpine

Alpine Innovations Weber Carb Conversion

Hey all I don't post very often and I guess I can't put anything in the "Stock" Alpine thread anymore. After years of unreliability and below average performance I finally bit the bullet and purchased the full curved manifold, Weber carb, and K&N filter conversion kit from Jerome at Alpine...
  8. 63alpine

Excited to share. New life, new energy!

We've owned our Alpine for almost 20 years but unfortunately, for a bunch of different reasons (wouldn't start, wouldn't stop...) have hardly used it in the last 10. It's amazing how confidence in reliability can hurt the relationship between car and driver. But I am delighted to say that is...
  9. 63alpine

Huge Thanks

Big shoutout to 'Stephen' from Waxhaw, NC, for giving up his Friday night and Saturday morning to help me get my Series 3 running again after it's been sitting for 2 years. I owe you dinner at Maxwell's, mate. Needed plugs, air in tires, and fuel filter/lines and carbs clearing out. Will do a...
  10. 63alpine

Lifetime Membership

I’m sure it’s been discussed in the past but, Eric, what are yours and the boards thoughts about creating a one-time payment level for a Lifetime Membership?
  11. 63alpine

Re-gap and New Paint

it’s been 20 years and it’s now time for some major paint and body work. Absolutely no rust but need to strip to bare metal, regap doors and trunk, fix minor dents prep, prime and paint same color. Have to remove old paint as it is cracking and chipping in multiple places. Looking to do close to...
  12. 63alpine

1963 Series III For Sale

Well finally time to think about selling. This 1963 Series III completed a rotisserie restoration on a rust free car in 2000. Garage kept and lovingly cared for ever since. Car won Best Series III at Invasion X in 2010. It is not concourse but it looks, runs and drives beautifully. I just...
  13. 63alpine

Interesting...?

Here's a nice looking Alpine for those over the pond... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUNBEAM-ALPINE-GRAN-TURISMO-RARE-AUTOMATIC-LOW-MILEAGE-/330429053031?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4cef1b3867
  14. 63alpine

Series 3 Early Brake Booster part

I am looking for a servo filter and cover for an early Girling MKIIA brake booster (see enclosed picture). I ordered and received the part numbered BP67 from Sunbeam Specialties but this is not the same as the part on my car. The one from SS is smaller and it is held in place by a screw down the...
  15. 63alpine

Brake Servo

It looks like there are 2 types of air filter on the Girling MK IIA Brake Servos. One is held in with a screw down the middle, the other is held on with a retaining clip. My car has the older retaining clip. Unfortunately the plastic cover got broken and the only part I can find available is the...
  16. 63alpine

Brake Servo Rebuild

I have a nice, original S3 Alpine but have been having problems with the brake servo for a while now. A few months ago I found I was losing brake fluid into the servo housing and a replacement kit fixed the problem, but now the brake pedal sticks on. I believe this is a common problem when...
  17. 63alpine

Air Cleaner

I am looking to replace the air cleaners on my S3. They are for Zenith twin downdraughts (see image). Please help. http://www.daeth.com/images/air.html
  18. 63alpine

Great Job

The new site looks awesome! It is obvious a lot of work went into it during the Christmas holidays, and your willingness to support users through the transition is fantastic. Kudos to all and thanks for all your hard work.