• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 63alpine

Speedo Cable Oil Seal?

I do plan to replace the speedo cable as well to remove all the oil/grease in there. It is caked.
  2. 63alpine

Speedo Cable Oil Seal?

I'm not sure how I missed that?? Thanks. I do have the early Non-Syncro on 1st gear tranny so I'll get the equivalent. There is a small oil leak from the gasket, and the amount of oil found in the gauge makes me think it wasn't over lubricated. I've owned the car for 20 years. Not driven it...
  3. 63alpine

Speedo Cable Oil Seal?

Hey guys. I just received the attached pic from Mike at British Speedo of my unit on his desk. He told me the root cause of my issue was oil/grease in the gauge that had come from the cable and not to re-install the speedo until I had solved the root cause. I have looked at the Parts Manual and...
  4. 63alpine

Odometer Reset Arm removal

The speedo is out, and the solution was so simple with a little help from Mike at British Speedo. Hope this helps someone else in future... I didn't undo any screws or have to remove the shaft. With the odometer reset arm at 6 o'clock, and the cable disconnected, pull the speedo as far forward...
  5. 63alpine

Hey guys. I really appreciate the feedback. After looking at some of the suggestions above I still have been unable to remove the speedo from the dash due to the reset arm. @Asm109 I only see one screw in the back. Not sure that holds the guts but even if it does I don't see how the reset arm...
  6. 63alpine

Simple question but does the odometer reset arm simply unscrew from the bottom of the Speedo housing? I’m afraid of putting too much pressure on it and breaking something as it’s very tight. There’s an outer cover on the arm that makes it more difficult to grip. Any tips? Thanks
  7. 63alpine

British Car Club of Central Florida - All-British Car Show, April 6th

Sorry I couldn't make it to the Invasion. Hope everyone had a great time and that the event was a huge success. This same weekend we joined approx. 400 other cars for the All-British car show in sunny Sanford, Florida. There were six (6) Sunbeams representing the marque; five Tigers, including...
  8. 63alpine

Rebuilt Zenith Twin 36WIP Carbs For Sale

I added the K&N filter option to draw in cool air from the front rather than hot air from the top of the engine. This set up is much easier for me to maintain
  9. 63alpine

Ah. Prior to the rebuild, spraying carb cleaner around the linkage would cause the idle speed to change slightly. After there was none of this. I’m not sure exactly what was done but this issue was resolved. The issue I had was trying to keep the carbs in sync. They were running rich, and it...
  10. 63alpine

I'm not sure to be honest with you. I can say I was not aware of any issues with the bushings on the spindles.
  11. 63alpine

Pair of Zenith twin 36WIP carbs for sale. Professionally rebuilt in 2024 by Tsikuris Classics and taken from a running Series3 car. $240/pair including original linkages and fuel lines (Shipping not included). The manifold can be added for an additional $70 + shipping. PM me for more information.
  12. 63alpine

Alpine Innovations Weber Carb Conversion

I think what made me finally decide to switch was the number of different manifold/carb combinations Rootes tried over the years. I don’t think they ever got it right. Originally is important in preserving our cars but I believe this is where Rootes would have gone with more development. My car...
  13. 63alpine

1963 Series 3 Inlet Manifold

Series 3 inlet manifold for sale, as seen below, as-is. $75 + shipping. PM me for more information.
  14. 63alpine

Weber 32/36 DGV Carb and Intake Manifold

Purchased with the intention of using on my Series 3 but instead I decided to go with the Alpine Innovations curved manifold kit. Selling the used Weber and original manifold seen in the pictures, as-is, for $85 + the cost of shipping. Please message me for details. Thanks.
  15. 63alpine

I’d love to but it’s a bit far. I will be at the Central Florida British car show in Sanford, FL on 4/6. Got lots of polishing to do until then
  16. 63alpine

Hey all I don't post very often and I guess I can't put anything in the "Stock" Alpine thread anymore. After years of unreliability and below average performance I finally bit the bullet and purchased the full curved manifold, Weber carb, and K&N filter conversion kit from Jerome at Alpine...
  17. 63alpine

Excited to share. New life, new energy!

We've owned our Alpine for almost 20 years but unfortunately, for a bunch of different reasons (wouldn't start, wouldn't stop...) have hardly used it in the last 10. It's amazing how confidence in reliability can hurt the relationship between car and driver. But I am delighted to say that is...
  18. 63alpine

Huge Thanks

Big shoutout to 'Stephen' from Waxhaw, NC, for giving up his Friday night and Saturday morning to help me get my Series 3 running again after it's been sitting for 2 years. I owe you dinner at Maxwell's, mate. Needed plugs, air in tires, and fuel filter/lines and carbs clearing out. Will do a...