• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. burgy711

My first sunbeam...now where do I start?

Another option on the tanks is to take them to a local radiator shop and have them boiled. Some shops will do this while I've found some that wont so call around. They can also line the tanks to prevent further rust issues. I've had this done on three sets and the expense wasn't that bad...
  2. burgy711

Vanity Fair Alpine Siting

Kind of says it all doesn't it???? "the newest bond girl" Better driving car???? :eek: :D
  3. burgy711

GT Interior Panels

Door and kick panels can be sourced from Rick at SS..... either with or without the cover material... the small B post trim you can make by using a stiff poster board material as your backing if that is what your referring too.
  4. burgy711

More Brake Questions

Brakes are working......... HURRAY. :) Seems moving the master off the firewall did the trick and the master is now able to take the back flow pressure. So, lets see; one set of new caliper pistons; a new rebuilt brake booster; a master cylinder rebuild kit; eight weeks of...
  5. burgy711

What did I do to my ammeter?

I would look inside the engine compartment and make sure you have good connections off the starter solenoid and the regulator. You might have something loose there.
  6. burgy711

More Brake Questions

The pedal does have the two holes. I don't think I have enough room in the U on the plunger to use the second hole. I will try today to get this fixed. First I will see if I can use the second hole to get my extension and get the master opening for the pressure relief I need. If not, I will...
  7. burgy711

Series 2 for sale

I know when I finished up the restoration on my Series III GT the thoughts that went through my mind were.......... Well that was fun That took longer than I thought I did more than I set out to do on the car I spent way more than I thought I would NEXT TIME I DO THIS..... It will be a...
  8. burgy711

More Brake Questions

I'll give it a try but if I recall the clutch pedal has two holes while the brake only has the one......... are they back wards? Or should both have two holes. I didn't look real hard but I think the pedal only has the one?
  9. burgy711

More Brake Questions

Sounds like I'm missing the spacer and that is my 1/8th of an inch that I seem to be needing. Yes, the brake peddle is to the clutch peddle. In fact the brake peddle extends maybe an inch further than the clutch. Sounds like I just need to make up a spacer and get the 1/8th inch I need...
  10. burgy711

More questions about Weber Carbs

Yes, after sitting for a week or more......... generally day to day it's seems fine but to be honest I'm still trying to work out the kinks so I can drive it more daily...(see more brake issues)... Expedition vs Sunbeam...... at these gas prices - it's not a difficult decision. I could drive...
  11. burgy711

Another thing to check is whether the choke/throttle interconnect is adjusted correctly. If it doesn't open the throttle enough, or at all, when you operate the choke the engine will not fire because it doesn't have enough throttle. I have mine adjusted so that after the initial full choke to...
  12. burgy711

More Brake Questions

I don't have a firewall spacer on my master. My master is bolted directly to the firewall. It's the plunger that is just a tad too long. Maybe if I had the spacer???? The gas peddle return spring is very close to the brake peddle but I don't think it is a real problem. I've looked to try...
  13. burgy711

I have a weber on my Alpine and it does work well. I was wondering if you experience the same thing I do though on first start. With the original mechanical fuel pump it takes a long time to get fuel to the carburetor. I can crank on the starter for a full minute pumping the gas peddle to get...
  14. burgy711

More Brake Questions

I think I have a solution that came to me today....... if I move the master off the firewall about an 1/8 or 1/4 of an inch I think I will create the needed room for the plunger to fully extend............ I'm excited. I think I have a solution.
  15. burgy711

Rust weevils

Well, it's mine. I wonder if I should start ordering parts for it? Actually I wonder if I can just take the pieces I want and leave the rest! Anyone need anything? Did you mean...... I wonder if can just take the pieces I want and leave the RUST??????
  16. burgy711

My Alpine off to new owner, sob!

Makes me cry......
  17. burgy711

Rust weevils

So, this post has now gone sideways......... Jeff..... in the advance search do something like this..... (Sunbeam, Rootes, Lucus) -bulbs -Mosquito -t-shirt -diagram -Jaguar That way you can search sunbeam, rootes, lucas and not things like bulbs, etc etc etc.........
  18. burgy711

More Brake Questions

Originally yes - I would agree with you that the U is or was too shallow. But the reality is that the U was actually to narrow to fit the peddle without spreading the U out further. That was what was done originally when I put the car back together. I believe - though not 100% sure because it...
  19. burgy711

More Brake Questions

Its the U shaped end isn't wide enough for the peddle. I used some heat and widened the U to fit the peddle but the push rod seems to be just a bit long and isn't getting fully extended to the point where the internal cylinder will allow back flow. I can remove all from the peddle and it will...
  20. burgy711

For Sale: Garage Clean out........

I could be interested in the good bumper if we could ship it cheaply to the NW.