• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. C

Stripping the roof

Well after so,many reasons why I'd id not get started on the Lister I did a few days ago Stripping by sanding. Using a 16 inch air,file and 40 grit almost got one side done. Well then all the other things that needed done were more important. Working on the outside Christmas decorations...
  2. C

Meteor update

Slow but getting there re my sons 53 Meteor. Interior and trunk complete. Roof is painted . Body is ready to,paint. Hopefully the body will be painted this coming week.just need to,wash twice with TSP and mask. Hood and trunk,will be done separately.All door jambs etc were done previously...
  3. C

A great day

Sunday was our car clubs corn roast. Drove the 62 38 miles to a members farm for the 38th corn roast. Then cross country another 35 miles to our sons place for dinner. Then 29 miles to,home. The car ran great as always. Drove about 15 or so miles around or close to,the 80 mark. Temperature...
  4. C

Better

The last couple of weeks have not been what one would call,great. It seems being Mr Everything takes its toll. Finally we got out with one of the cars today. Took the Lister for a nice drive and stopped for a burger and fries. It was nice to get out Seems things that should be taken care...
  5. C

Reluctance

Well I have done a few Sunbeam windshield installations. Now I'm reluctant to,install the windshiels in my sons 53 Meteor. The Sunbeams you take the frame off and do it on the bench or table. So easy The Meteor gets the trim inserted into the seal as it sits on the glass. You need to use...
  6. C

53 Meteor

Making progress but oh so slowly on my sons car. I did the headliner. My upholster had faith in me and said for sure I could do it He gave me a crash course..now to,get the windshields installed
  7. C

Candian dollar VS US Dollar

OUCH So.our dollar is going down down. Had to,bite the bullet today and order a small item from stateside. It cost me 36 cents on the dollar.. Thank goodness the item was only $9.00. It even looks like our dollar will even dip lower. Hopefully I,will not need to buy again from the US...
  8. C

Happy New Year

Just want to,take this time to,wish all the best for 2016. May all your roads be smooth.
  9. C

53Meteor

Have made progress on my sons 53 Meteor. It's looking like a car again as all the doors, hood and trunk are back together. The gaps were terrible as they sure threw the cars together back then It took a bit to get the gaps nice. Just a bit on the hood around the middle of the gaps on both...
  10. C

Greetings

Wishing all apeaceful Christmas May all,your roads be smooth for 2016
  11. C

Moisture

Seems I have a moisture problem with the distributor Anyone have this and if so what did you do to stop it
  12. C

Searching

I'm looking for a special trim piece for my sons 53 Meteor It's on the rear door. There is 3 spear like pieces . The center one is,stainless. The other two,are cast metal lie zinc. Both upper and lower are the same So,if anyone in their travels happen to,see" a 4 door Meteor check it out...
  13. C

try again

hope this is right
  14. C

Lister

Here is a picture of my car with the original
  15. C

Battery cut out

I just finished making a remote battery cut out The Lister had a very small drain on the battery. Did all the proper stuff re finding a short.some times after sitting for a while the battery would be like dead. Could be me moving it too much and it not charging enough but seriously doubt that...
  16. C

Duck bill

Any easy way to,replace the duckbill? I need to,do,the 62
  17. C

Shock conversion for early series

Anyone using Bulldurhams conversion for series 1 or 2? I would like to know what shock you used Thanks
  18. C

Window channel top

Would anyone have the rubber stops re the top,of the window channel on the series 2? Mine are missing and after an inch of rain in less Han 30 minutes I,had water in the car. Don't know if that was he cause. Never had this happen before Yes it could be the duckbill as its still original
  19. C

Oil Filter

Does any one remember the stubby oil filter that used an adaptor re standard to metric. I have the fitting for many years but ever used it. In time the oil filter is gone into hiding or it was used for another car. If you know of this please help out Thanks
  20. C

Auction

So I went to a fRm auction yesterday mostly because there was a 61 alpine plus partsand a rebuilt motor. The car has sat for over 10 years and the body was bad. No gaps at the door edge. Underneath was bad. There was a huge amount of parts that would be part of the deal including an extra top...