• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Sunbeam Canada

Yokohama tires

Ideal for Sunbeam Alpine. For sale NEW set of 5 Yokohama Avid T4 175/70 R13 all season tires. $400. I have one set on my Series V. These sets were to be for my Series IV. Instead I am upgrading to R14's. Here is a link to Yokohama's website outlining complete details about the tire...
  2. Sunbeam Canada

FREE: 1600 bare block.

Hi Folks, I have a bare 1600 Alpine block that is free to anyone who wants to pick it up. I live in downtown Vancouver and cannot ship it. It will have to be picked up. I need it gone soon. Markings: B9404509 LRX 1980898 13-3-1964 This block came bare when I bougth my 64 Alpine in...
  3. Sunbeam Canada

For Sale: Alpine painting

Hello everyone, I have an Original Michael Stockdale, Sunbeam Alpine, acrylic painting on canvass for sale. It measures 11" x 14". I aquired it, as part of my charity projects, to help raise funds for the British Columbia Children's Hospital Foundation. Complete details posted on...
  4. Sunbeam Canada

Toyota Corolla 1600 twin cam conversion

Hey Guys, I just acquired a Toyota Corolla 1600 Twin Cam motor (4A-GE) and transmission for my Alpine IV-GT. I realize that there are some modifications required to make it fit inside the Alpine. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who had done this conversion. .
  5. Sunbeam Canada

Toyota Transmission photos

I am looking for photos of Toyota 5 speed transmission conversion. Specifically, a pre-installed image. Any assistance would be appreciated. My e-mail address listed below
  6. Sunbeam Canada

Wanted: Imp Steering wheel hub/boss

Hi Folks, I am looking for a steering wheel hub/boss for my '69 Imp. I need to install a smaller steering wheel (13 inch). I know Mota-lita (part number B-27) out of the UK sells them but I am looking for one in N. America. I am trying to keep costs down. Used unit is fine. Any assitance...
  7. Sunbeam Canada

trailer Sunbeam from Seattle to Vancouver

Hi Folks, I have a Sunbeam in Seatlle (Seatac) that I need traillered to Vancouver, BC or at least to the Canadian border. Any assistance would be appreciated. Reply to sunbeamcanadaAThotmail.com
  8. Sunbeam Canada

Miata Seats for Alpine

Hi Folks, I know there was previous discussion about the feasibility of Miata seats in an Alpine. I am considering installing a set in my S-V as I need something with comfort and back support. The Alpine seats are not doing it for me, being 6'2 and all... If anyone has done such a...
  9. Sunbeam Canada

Alpine V radiator vs Tiger radiator

Hi folks, Is the radiator off a Series V Alpine compatible with a Tiger?
  10. Sunbeam Canada

Land Rover and Rootes connection

Hey Guys, I am gathering historical data on Land Rover when they were sold through Rootes dealerships. Anyone who has information and photos to share, I would appreciate hearing from you.
  11. Sunbeam Canada

Alpine rear axle torque load

What is the maximum amount of torque a stock S-IV/V Alpine rear axle can handle?
  12. Sunbeam Canada

Rear Hubs: S-V vs S-IV

Is the S-V rear (bolt-on) hubs are compatible with a S-IV? The idea is to use a set of (bolt-on) hubs off a S-V and replace it with that on the S-IV (knock-off) hubs. Any other issues to consider?
  13. Sunbeam Canada

Deciphering crankshaft undersize

I am trying to decipher the crankshaft undersize of a 5 bearing/1725 engine. The crank came as a spare without a block. The only numbers I can find are: 3 L15 DAA50228 1981099 Does #3 refer to 0.030 ?
  14. Sunbeam Canada

NARDI steering wheel hub

Anyone know what steering wheel hub/boss will fit an adjustable Alpine steering wheel.? I think Nardi makes one but don't know the part number.
  15. Sunbeam Canada

Steering arms

I know the answer is, Yes. However, I need to be sure. Is the steering arm from a series V Alpine compatible with a Tiger?
  16. Sunbeam Canada

Brake Rotors: S I-V

Question #1: Anyone able to confirm if the Alpine brake rotors are interchangeable.? Question #2: In particular, will a S-V rotor fit a S-I? Question #3: Finally, any information on modern rotors that will fit a S-V would be appreciated. Ideally, for racing.
  17. Sunbeam Canada

Sunbeam Canada Grill Badges

Ladies and Gent, The Sunbeam Canada grill badges have arrived. I must say they look very nice. A limited number of 50 were made to commemorate the 5th anniversary of the group. If you would like to purchase one, please do so quickly as I only have 30 left. Details on...
  18. Sunbeam Canada

Brake Calipers - Torque specs

Anyone be so kind to provide the torque specs for Series I-II and III-V Alpine brake calipers.
  19. Sunbeam Canada

Targa Newfoundland 2006 on SPEED

Just a heads up for you Sunbeam Alpine race fans. Targa Newfoundland 2006 will air on Sunday, 4th March 2007 at 3:30 pm EST on SPEED TV (Canada & US ) http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/index.php?m=03&d=4&ts=1172984400&timezone=0&subcat=&program=&usecal=yes
  20. Sunbeam Canada

Alpine Towing capacity

Anyone know the towing capacity of a stock Alpine V? If so, what would the maximum tow weight be? I am curious to know if it is capable of towing an Imp. If you have photos of the trailer hitch, that would be appreicated.