• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. gary1725

Series V Air filers for stromberg cd150 carbs

the GT6 filters do not have the flame trap fitting as they go inside a full filter casing which is connected to the rocker cover - they do however have a big hole in the outside face almost identical to the Carb mounting face (you can see it in the picture from the link provided above) which...
  2. gary1725

Rear Disc Brakes for a Sunbeam Alpine! Tiger?

Thanks Dan. good to know! I have seen a "special tool" for pulling studs into place - basically a base against which a threaded nut turns freely but the base remains stationary against the hub that looks to save any hammering or pressing of studs and they are not expensive so if someone does pop...
  3. gary1725

This is what made me hesitant and think they did not fit https://www.speedimageusa.com/Rota-Wheels--Replacement-Set-of-4-Center-Caps--RB-Big-Bore-Center--Hyper-Black--Fits-RB-Alfa-Romeo-_p_8548.html they call these out for the "big bore" RB wheels which is what I thought mine were.. and they...
  4. gary1725

Thanks - I did see these but Speedimage did not respond to my email asking if they fit my model number
  5. gary1725

Are you making more :) sales? can you change colours?
  6. gary1725

Sorry - if you have a part number for a longer stud that does not require drilling the hub - please share :) I might still consider doing this as I think that without the drum backing plate in the way the old studs will come out with the hub in place - well I think they will :(
  7. gary1725

Sorry - I meant that all the Wheel studs that I found that were longer than stock to accommodate a spacer between the hub and the wheel (to widen the track of the rear) required that the hole through which the wheel stud passes and is pressed/pulled into be drilled a little larger - while the...
  8. gary1725

Hi Misha123, I purchased the wheels from Amazon of all places, price was as good as anywhere! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VH3NZXS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 BUT - they came without Center CAPS and I do not know the right part number for the Center caps - I need to...
  9. gary1725

Replacing rear axle pinion bearings

if the shims have disintegrated and the pre-load is gone the bearing will wobble about.
  10. gary1725

Replacing rear axle pinion bearings

Hi - I have not rebuilt rear ends beyond replacing the ring gear bolts and preloading the pinion, so no expert, but the pinion preload is achieved via shims slid onto the Pinion shaft under the nose of the inner bearing, these can disintegrate removing the preload and I would imagine once there...
  11. gary1725

Completed my install of Dan’s kit yesterday and am very impressed - looks as though it left the factory like this! I know I am echoing other comments but the kit is so well thought through and complete - as with others I bent the handbrake rod a little to miss the exhaust and had I set aside a...
  12. gary1725

Radiator

Alpine innovations in the UK have a nice aluminium radiator with electric fans - I fitted it and love it.
  13. gary1725

Thanks Dan! Hopefully the bracket is good and gets me up and running again - not fitted the Disc...

Thanks Dan! Hopefully the bracket is good and gets me up and running again - not fitted the Disc brakes yet - have 3:89 rear that I figured I would drop in at the same time since the half shafts need to come out to remove the hubs :) hopeful that I will get this done in the next month or so!
  14. gary1725

Hi Dan, Just left a VM for you - I am on 7176760898 wanted to check price, I emailed a check...

Hi Dan, Just left a VM for you - I am on 7176760898 wanted to check price, I emailed a check when I bought the rear brake conversion last year but if there is a faster electronic way to send cash (PayPal, Venmo) I can also arrange that.
  15. gary1725

SV Lower Alternator Bracket needed.

Looking for a SV Lower Alternator bracket....
  16. gary1725

Starting your car

you perfectly described the "hill start" procedure taught in the UK (or at least as it was many years ago) oh and no, do not depress the clutch when starting the Alpine, like everyone else has said throughout - you are pushing the flywheel and hence whole crank forward against the thrust...
  17. gary1725

What brand brake master cylinder did Sunbeam Alpines come with?

Wilwood offer an almost direct replacement if you do not go down the rebuild/re-sleave route with your original https://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinders/MasterCylinderList?group=GS%20Compact%20Remote%20Master%20Cylinder
  18. gary1725

Clutch master cylinder output thread size - SV

Hi Mike, Slightly embarrassing but I completely forgot I already asked, was tinkering today and looking again at the one I bought rethinking options and thought oh, I'll pop a question on the forum :( a custom pipe might work in the absence of an adapter for the current pipe or use the...
  19. gary1725

Clutch master cylinder output thread size - SV

Hi Folks, Before I pull out my Clutch master cylinder to replace it I was wandering what the output thread size is. I have already picked up a Willwood GS integral master cylinder but now suspect the output thread matches the brake line output and not the clutch and the adapter that came with...
  20. gary1725

Aluminum Radiator For Sunbeam Alpine Series V (EBAY)

I fitted this radiator and fans http://alpineinnovations.co.uk/products/revotec-twin-fan-cooling-system/ Like many I have read studies that describe recirculating hot air back over the radiator at idle and the inefficiencies of the stock fan and how to help mitigate and improve airflow over...