• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. ceecpa

Cut down motor mount in Series V

I'm converting my single circuit braking system to a dual circuit, but the intake manifold strikes the brake master cylinder. I plan to reduce the height/thickness of a motor mount but am unsure of the best way to do it. Anybody have a suggestion? Thanks, Chuck Edwards
  2. ceecpa

Intake manifold, Series V, twin CD150 carbs

Seeking only the manifold. Please advise price and condition. Thanks, Chuck Edwards
  3. ceecpa

New tires/wheels on SV

Kumho 185-60 x 15 on VTO wheels.
  4. ceecpa

Speedometer cable turns per mile

Getting ready to send our Series V speedometer to Nisonger for custom calibration. Using the "Push Test" we measured 1375 turns per mile (TPM) on 165-75x13 tires and 3.89 differential. Lettering on the speedometer shows 1042 TPM. In use the speedo indicates 3.4 miles over a measured 2.4 mile...
  5. ceecpa

SV in Central Virginia

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/2373117257.html I don't know the seller. Good luck.
  6. ceecpa

Waxoyl and sound padding

Anything better than Waxoyl for the inside of the doors (Series V)? And, I plan to use sound padding from Eastwood unless there's something better? Any comments are helpful. Thanks, Chuck
  7. ceecpa

Remove door lock - Series 5

I want to remove the exterior door handle, but right now I'm inside the door. A metal rod connects the lock cylinder in the outside handle with the door latch mechanism. I can't see how to "unhook" the metal rod. Has anyone done this? Thanks, Chuck
  8. ceecpa

Remove Winding Window

The Workshop Manual says, "Spring out the regulator operating arms from their locations." I interpret this to mean pry the operating arms away from the horizontal sliding block into which the arms seem to be pressed. I surely don't want to break an irreplaceable component. Is this the correct...
  9. ceecpa

Front and rear track - Series 5

I measured the distance to the outside of the tires at the front and the rear. The absolute distance doesn't really matter, but the difference amazes me: It's 3.5 inches different. Is this typical? Thanks, Chuck Edwards
  10. ceecpa

1966 Sunbeam Tiger Mk1A - $23000

Saw this on the Richmond, VA area Craigslist: http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/2225595939.html
  11. ceecpa

Front wheel grease seal - Series V

Is there a locally-available grease seal from another car/truck that'll fit a Series V? The old seal has Made in England and RTB 3867 on it. A Google search offered no help. Couldn't find the answer with a site search. Thanks
  12. ceecpa

Riverside Drive Chase: Who will win?

My wife and I like to challenge each other on a curvy road 500' above the James River when heading to an Irish pub. In prior times, when her SV had a SII motor, I could outrun her in an MGB. But her SV now has a SV motor, bored .040 over, a KB grind camshaft, Chevrolet rods, a proper...
  13. ceecpa

Quaife Limited Slip Differential

Does anyone know if a Talbot-Sunbeam differential is the same as a series Alpine? Quaife produces a LSD for the Talbot and it may be a superior answer to an open 3.89 differential, particularly in an autocross. I wanted to attach a pdf mechanical drawing of the Quaife LSD but its single page...
  14. ceecpa

Halda, Heuer, and Curta

I have a Halda Tripmeter that I bought in 1966 that I plan to install in our Series 5 - a 1967 model. I think it should be installed in the glovebox aperture but would enjoy hearing other suggestions. Thanks
  15. ceecpa

Wheels, tires on Series V

I found 15" VTO wheels available for a good price and bought them. I plan to fit 185/60 x 15 tires. Does anyone see a problem with this configuration? Thanks.
  16. ceecpa

3.89 differential

My series 5 should have a 3.89 but it doesn't. It has a 4.22. Anyone have a 3.89 pumpkin? Thanks.
  17. ceecpa

Any members in Virginia?

Does the area co-ordinator visit this site? If you're in Virginia please respond.
  18. ceecpa

British Car Tech Session in Richmond, VA

The Central Virginia British Car Club will hold its First Tech Session of the year on Saturday, February 12th, at Mercer & Woodson Automotive. Beginning at 9:00 AM, we will have coffee and doughnuts, along with some great topics to cover. General Theme is, "Challenges you encounter when...
  19. ceecpa

Exhaust sound

Our Series 5 has a stainless exhaust system installed by the DPO. The sound is not "British Sports Car" according to my tastes. It's raspy, key of F where I would prefer C. Taste is, of course, dreadfully personal. However, there must be something better. What exhaust systems seem...
  20. ceecpa

Wheels, tires on Series V

I plan to install a set of Minilite-like 14" wheels on our Series V. It seems to me that 175-70 x 14 tires should work. I know little about Tigers but my belief is that it was the Alpine body with a Ford engine and the larger 14" wheels. (I remember them running autocrosses in the 1960s and...