• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. AlpineII

Series 3 or later Right Hand Window Regulator

Working to finish my V6 Series 3 and found that the passenger side window regulator has had it's gears spot welded. Does anyone have one they can part with? Thanks, Eddie
  2. AlpineII

Unable to send PM's

Fro soem reason I seem to be unabe to send messages. The system keeps telling me to login but I can go to home and see my messages, profile, etc. I do sign-in and get connected but as soon as I try to send a PM it asks me to signin again, and i goes into theis endless loop! Help!!
  3. AlpineII

Ignition Help!!!

Help!!! I am having a real problem getting my V6 fired up. I just can't seem to get it running again. Remember that I am just common labor when it comes to truly mechanical issues. Here is a quick story-board: Rebuilt V6 with lots of upgrades including Holley 390 and Offey intake. Last fall...
  4. AlpineII

Series 3 Dash

Series 3 original bakelight dash. No cracks or chips but the original crackle finish is finished! $75.00 plus true cost of shipping.
  5. AlpineII

Trunk Hinges, Early B Post Caps and Fuel Ring

For sale is a fuel ring and B post top and a set of trunk hinges from a Series II. Usual wear and tear for their age.
  6. AlpineII

Original Tonneau, Series I & II

For Sale: This is an original tonneau cover that was on a 1961 Series II. It does not have any rips, tears, or holes, but the stitching is coming part and needs to be redone. Looking for a reasonable offer plus true cost of shipping.
  7. AlpineII

Late Series Hardtop - Rear Window Replacement

The rear window on my late series hardtop is extremely crazed and although light passes through it you can't see squat! I see that they are available through our standard suppliers. I also note it appears to simply be a thicker plexi-glass. Has anyone simply had a new window cut for them in...
  8. AlpineII

Restoring Hardtop and Need Guidance

My hardtop just returned from the paintshop and I will be putting it all back together as a winter project. It's white on the blue body. I will need some help/guidance on getting the headliner properly installed. I did a search but need to see the instructions that many referred to. Does anyone...
  9. AlpineII

Hood Back from Paint Shop

The guy who did the paintwork on my Series 3 gave me a little extra on my hood. not stock but I kind of like it! :)
  10. AlpineII

First Start of Rebuilt V6

I have been waiting for this for a long time and finally made some big progress in the last few days. This morning I was able to fire up the upgraded V6 for the first time. Once we played with some mis-wiring, set the distributor, fixed a small vacumn hose leak and tuned the Holley a little, she...
  11. AlpineII

Just Totalled My Series II

I was driving down a rural highway on the way home after visiting my parents and a car pulled out of a side road right in front of me. A young woman didn't stop at the stop sign and didn't see me! My poor little Series II is a wreck!!! I hit the 2008 Volwagen right at the firewall and ripped the...
  12. AlpineII

Brake Reservoir for Wilwood master

Trying to sort out a remote rservoir for a wilwood brake master. I see a lot of reservoirs out there that simply have a plastic piece to connect the line feeding the master. How does this get plumbed in or do I need to seek a remote reservoir another type of connection?:confused:
  13. AlpineII

New 8" Rear End Installed

Put in the custom 8" rear end today. Man it looks good!
  14. AlpineII

Fresh From the Paint Booth

My Series 3 fresh out of the paint booth after V6 prep work. Wet sanding still to be done. Hardtop will be white, seats white.
  15. AlpineII

KB Grind Valve Adjustments

I seem to have lost some dinfo. Anyone have the specs for adjusting the valves on a 1600 with Delta's KB grind?
  16. AlpineII

Surprise Transmission Woes

Spring came unusually early to this part of the Great White North this year which means getting out in the Beam. With a forecast of 28c for today 20c higher than normal the chance for a good drive wa sin the air. Filled the tank and I was off!:) Going through some local hills I stopped at a...
  17. AlpineII

First Look at Dash

I am having a custom dash made for my V6 project. :DMade of 1/4" aluminum. Still lots to do but here is my first look at it. The small hole above steering wheel is for a 2 1/16" tach. Going with Series I, II and 3 style switch labels and will have ones for fan and sprayer (going with electric...
  18. AlpineII

Series 3 Windshield and Frame

Rebuilding my Series 3 windshield frame, new glass and all rubbers and of course having it painted to the new body colour. This is not the same beast to work on as the coupe of Series II's I have done. There's actually rust to deal with on these!!!:( Shoulds have the body painted and thee...
  19. AlpineII

Trimming New dash Pad During Installation

About to put in a new dash pad on my Seres III. I know the wax-paper/contact cement process. I am curious what is generally trimmed at the front of the pad. Does it get trimed right at the windshield as the edge is convered by the windshield to body seal? Does it get trimmed a little...
  20. AlpineII

Compact Spare

Anyone have a compact spare in their Alpine to save space? If so what size and what model car did it come from?