• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 66Alpine

hand priming a carb

hi everyone, anyone know how to hand-prime a stromberg carb? thanx, johnny
  2. 66Alpine

bad seals in cylinders

Quick question...Why would the seals or rings be bad in a car with only 50k? Thanx again, johnny
  3. 66Alpine

piston blow back

piston blowby Thank you very much for your quick response.. I will check the compression as soon as I can borrow the gauge.. Johnny
  4. 66Alpine

piston blow back

hi everyone, I am almost ready to crank up the 66, but i am miffed about one thing.. I have put maybe 100 miles on the car in 5 yrs..the oil is black and I have changed it 3x..still black..why isn't it golden honey in color? someone mentioned probably engine blowback..what the H is that? and...
  5. 66Alpine

honing out clutch line

hey everyone, hopefully a quick question.. have filled my slave cylinder and tried to press down on the clutch, but it will not move at all..a couple of weeks ago a few of you suggested that i get a rebuild kit for the clutch cyl. and or heat the line up and hone...
  6. 66Alpine

cluth pedal frozen

hi everyone! have not started the 66 in over 10 months..car was prepped for the storage period.. today i find that the clutch pedal will not move at all..the fluid reservoir is empty due to a perforation in it, which has been repaired with epoxy..so where to from here..my mechanic is out of...
  7. 66Alpine

time to restart after 7mn. hibernation!

hey everyone. hope this is not too complicated..rebuilt carbs, added stabilzer to petrol tank as suggested by my mechanic..recharged battery..anything else to do before I try to crank her..don't want to make any mistakes if possible..by the way she has 50k on her if that makes a difference...
  8. 66Alpine

carb troubles! 150 cd strombs

Hey everyone, 1. rebuilt both carbs..placed and replaced 3x on manifold 2.major leakof gas out of #1 carb(closest to the radiator)..appears to come out the back closest to the manifold..however fittings are very secure..new gaskets.. 3. float bowl secure 4. gas lines connections...
  9. 66Alpine

pitch black oil

Hello everyone, Have owned this Beam for 2.5 yrs. have driven it 200 miles..once received I changed the oil...drove it 10 miles..ck'd the oil...black..changed the oil again..drove it another ten..same thing!!! What's the deal? anyway to get back the rich honey colored oil?? As always...
  10. 66Alpine

rebuilt carbs back onto manifold

hey there everyone, 1. where is the throttle spindle..? 2. I need to procure two new springs for the choke 3.I need two air valve return coil springs..I believe the current ones may be originals which would make them 42yrs. of age. lost their spring? perhaps? carbs have been rebuilt finally...
  11. 66Alpine

rebuilt strombs!

hey everyone, have rebuilt both carbs.. however, one is being a beeatch!! when i press on the air valve lifter pin the valve either hangs up and/or drops very ,very slowly.. 1. spring too weak?? 2.metering needle out of alignment or what else might be the problem?? would really like to...
  12. 66Alpine

turbocharger?

hey everyone, just curious..can a turbocharger be installed on 66 alpine, and if so where would one locate one? thanx, johnny
  13. 66Alpine

turbocharger?

h ey everyone,
  14. 66Alpine

stromberg rebuild almost!

Happy New Year everyone!! carbs have been rebuilt with new grose jets..however the piston valves willnot drop freely..have re centralized the needles correctly i believe..followed all instructions on the rebuild kits as well as the shop manual...?#1 ..should the bowl be filled with oil while...
  15. 66Alpine

strom carb rebuild

happy new Year everyone! Have been rebuilding the carbs..however,the air valves will not fall freely..they are either hung up or fall very slowly..have re centralized the needle quite sure..?#1..i have the suction chamber on when lifting the piston..correct or not? I have tried it with the...
  16. 66Alpine

150 strom rebuild

carb rebuild..almost a severe pain in the arse.. Thanx to erewon 4 your quick responses, i heated the casting with a butane torch( which is aluminum ) and then applied ice to the nut assembly , and repeated the process 3x..then applied the required5/8 socket with a break bar or some sort of...
  17. 66Alpine

150 strom rebuild

hi everyone, have removed the stroms from the manifold finally..one easy to break down, the other one is being a bear..i.e. i cannot get the nut off the bottom of the carb..the one that is left after removing the mixture fitting..applied massive torque and penetrating oil..no go..my mechanic...
  18. 66Alpine

carb rebuild

carb rebuild.. thanx 4 the suggestions on the carb rebuild...I will try to find a box end spanner or may end up taking off the the intake manifold...If I can figure that one out..and or cut my wrenches in half..The Brits make lovely autos and bikes however I suppose that none of them ever read...
  19. 66Alpine

carb rebuild

happy holidays to everyone, I am now ready to rebuild my 150 strombs..have all of the parts but am xperiencing a real B..ch of a time accessing the carb flange nuts..I can get to 1 nut on either carb but the one's that are closest to the firewall or whatever.. am I missing some cute little...
  20. 66Alpine

center console

Hey everyone, I used to own a 64' Pine in 69'..It had a center console between the two seats..it had a lock and was perfect for an armrest...obviously..are there any out there? and would it fit in the 66? thanx...