• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Moonstone

Series 2 transmission, flywheel, press plate, cylinder head other stuff too!

I think that may work! Perhaps we can discuss by phone? I'm in Alaska, 907-378-6744. Thanks, Melinda
  2. Moonstone

Hi Octanerudy, what is the serial number for the car/engine that this head came from? Melinda/Moonstone
  3. Moonstone

Hello Rudy, if the cyl head is available I'd like to connect with you!
  4. 1980813 4 C 64

1980813 4 C 64

Cyl #4 left side water galley, after final cleaning.
  5. cyl head close-up

cyl head close-up

water galley corrosion cyl #4 original head
  6. Moonstone

1725 Engine or Cylinder head

Hello fireroad, I'm still on the hunt for a serviceable cyl head. Replacement didn't pass machinist's inspection. Let's chat! Melinda
  7. Moonstone

whiskytangofoxtrot thermostat housing? mine has a hairline crack at one of the corners... and yes, I'm still in need of a replacement cylinder head for sIV. Corrosion around the valve seats proved too extensive...
  8. Moonstone

Not many Sunbeams... there's mine, an Alpine II, also a Minx. Maybe some hidden treasures.. My engine's a 1592.
  9. Moonstone

Hello, I'm in need of a replacement head for my sIV overhaul project... Melinda 907-378-6744
  10. Moonstone

Cam Recommendations

Hi Mike, seeing you hail from the west coast, I'm curious where you sourced Hepolite Pistons. We're overhauling my sIV 1592, machinist recommends 30 over... and new cam.
  11. Moonstone

Moonstone

For whatever reason, my original owner (in SoCal at the time) chose Balmoral Grey. Maybe it was the blue interior versus the red paired with Moonstone. Today the aged paint looks as near Moonstone as Balmoral Grey. Photo: Summer run-around in Fairbanks, Alaska. Melinda
  12. Moonstone

engine out

Full tilt, about a 45-degree angle to extract. Got done in time to take Ralph & Emmitt out for burgers and beers on Valentine's Day. Melinda/Moonstone, Fairbanks, Alaska.
  13. Moonstone

engine out

Two attach points were present on mine, it came out clean but had to be tilted to the limit of the jack screw on the engine leveler. Also, we removed the shifter cover of the tranny in order to clear the firewall. We had the benefit of a grease pit & man below to help guide the tranny cone.