• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. weaselkeeper

Another 2.8l lives!

A good day. The 2.8 that I built nearly 5 years ago fired and ran today! The engine has been on a stand and patiently waiting through 3 deployments to SW Asia and other trips totaling more than2 years. Add to that another 18 months where I worked 300 miles from home after (retirement) from...
  2. weaselkeeper

Duraspark journey

I'm about to start the Duraspark journey for the 2.8. I took the engine off the stand this week and set the car for the final fit check and mock up of all the related parts before it gets blown apart for the last time ahead of paint. I decided I needed a motivator, so want to start it and...
  3. weaselkeeper

Jose V-6 header question

A question for those who have gone before. I installed the v-6 w/ Jose kit today for the mockup of hoses and build of new fuel/brake/clutch lines. I also bolted up the headers. My headers come off the engine and take a turn of 30 - 45 degrees outboard, rather than running relatively straight...
  4. weaselkeeper

Craigslist finds

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/2152080451.html This on Craigs List. No relationship to seller. I've not seen the car pictured in person, but have seen the parts cars he mentioned, although it's been a couple of years. His parts cars are big fin cars and reasonably complete. I live and...
  5. weaselkeeper

W/S Wiper motor rubber mounts wanted

Prefer new. Pete
  6. weaselkeeper

Carter AFB 400 CFM

Carter AFB 400 CFM carb. I bought it, but found it was too wide to fit the capri valve covers I have. The linkage strikes the cover unless you use a spacer between the carb and manifold. Good condition. Elect choke. Pictures on request. $225 includes shipping. These can be hard...
  7. weaselkeeper

Rebuild Steering box/Idler - lesson learned

Writing this so someone else can avoid my mistake. SNAFU This past weekend, I dissassembled/cleaned/sandblasted my SIV LHD stock steering box and opposing side steering idler. When I started reassembly, the steering box bushing installation went fine. The pin fits too tight, so this...
  8. weaselkeeper

Source for 2.8L Rocker shafts?

I'm assembling an engine and looking for new rocker shafts for a 2.8. Anyone know of a good source? So far, I've had no luck for new ones. NAPA, Shucks, Carquest, Autozone, compcams Jegs, Ford, and others, no luck yet. Used ones I can find, but but the ones I've looked at feel pretty rough...
  9. weaselkeeper

SII on Craigs list, boise Idaho

sale-7njzj-1107623508@craigslist.org http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/1107623508.html Don't know the owner and no interest in the car, but I'm pretty close and can go look if someone is interested. Pete
  10. weaselkeeper

W/C T-5 on Craigslist

Passing FYI. No relations with seller. P. http://boise.craigslist.org/pts/985649508.html
  11. weaselkeeper

Progress

Well, Been a while since I worried about posting, but my bride just isn't excited as I am. After months (okay nearly 3 years) of seemingly negative progress, I'm about finished with replacing nearly all horizontal surfaces from rust to new metal. That's all four floor sections, inner sills...
  12. weaselkeeper

Sheet metal

I need the entire horizontal shelf that sits behind the seats (the shelf the battery box is welded too). The area around the battery box as well as the opposite side has serious issues. No parts suppliers I've been able to find has one listed. Any ideas before I find a tin bender to make one...
  13. weaselkeeper

Bolt on EFI?

So, as I was checking out the bling at the Boise Roadster Show this past weekend, I see a booth advertizing a bolt on-carb replacement similar to, IMO, Holley's pro-jection. The company's name is Retrotek. See retrotekspeed.com. I e-mailed the company and asked about a potential...
  14. weaselkeeper

1 v 1

Here is one car vs one aircraft. Whether you a car lover, aircraft lover, or both, you're gonna like this. Slow to load. http://www.snotr.com/video/568
  15. weaselkeeper

Close call

My Dad, father in law, and I went fishing for a long weekend last weekend. 800 mile round trip towing dad's 18 ft camp trailer and my 17 ft jet boat. (2 trailers legal in Idaho) We set up camp not far from Yellowstone park last Thursday eve. Intially we had some table and chairs set up under...
  16. weaselkeeper

Tiger in Magazine

Have you seen the July edition of Mustang & Fords? Very nice Tiger there. I admire good worksmanship, no matter what the subject.
  17. weaselkeeper

Heater options

Has anyone tried other heater options other than stock? I was browsing a Vintage Air catalog and saw an integrated heater motor/fan/core assembly that could fit in place of the stock fan motor and housing. I'm only going off the dimension listed vs the dimensions I measured from the stock...
  18. weaselkeeper

Lizard Skin

Has anyone had any experience w/ "Lizard Skin", undercoating and soundproofing? I've seen a lot about it. mostly in hot rod mags and such, but would like some first hand knowledge. Thanks in advance.
  19. weaselkeeper

Amazing aircraft photos

Check out this website for some truly awesome photos of some amazing aircraft at last years airshow at Nellis AFB NV. http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/Nellis2006/Highlights/
  20. weaselkeeper

2.8L V6 pulleys wanted

Still struggling to find a single belt water pump pulley and crank pully for this V-6 mod.