• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. P

offy gaskets

Looking for the upper gasket for the offy v6 manifold any readily available? thanks
  2. P

offy gaskets

Looking for the upper gasket for the offy v6 manifold any readily available? thanks
  3. P

Progress on V6 exhaust

Progress - slow but steady. I drilled the pilot holes through the X frame yesterday. I successfully drilled 3" holes in the rear X frame this morning. The front X frame member will be tomorrows challenge. The W58 Toyota transmission prevents me from drilling the holes in the front X member...
  4. P

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays! May your Sunbeam drives be bright bright and merry!
  5. P

Mufffler preference for V6

Magnaflow? Flowmaster? AP Exhaust? Walker? Thrush? Cherry Bomb? (showing my age here )
  6. P

after 10 years...

I installed the 2.8 V6 in Ol Blue over 10 years ago. The engine is a stock, low mileage unit from a 1977 Mustang Ii. The headers are from Jose. The tranny is a Toyota W58 five speed. The combination has served me well. I am beginning to do some upgrades. After searching for many years I...
  7. P

chasing a vibration

I have been chasing a vibration in Ol Blue. It occurs between 50-55 mph in both 4th and 5th gear. Tires have been balanced and rebalanced. I even switched to a spare set of tires - no change, same vibration. U joints are tight and lubricated. Steering wheel does not exhibit any vibration so my...
  8. P

Road America

Brad Baab did well at Road America on Saturday - 1st in FP and 2nd overall in Group 1 Yellow Alpine #53 in back
  9. P

Road America

from Road America on Saturday, May 20....
  10. P

Shop work

winter work Ford 2.8 V6 compression check - all cylinders between 165 and 170 New spark plugs New plug wires New throttle cable and stainless connections New throttle pedal New floor mats - installed with extra snaps to hold in place New quarter window gaskets for hardtop all new parts from...
  11. P

weber 38/38

anyone using a Weber 38/38 DGES on their V6 2.8?
  12. P

V6 automatic

old age is catching up to my knees. Has anyone installed an automatic tranny behind the 2.8 V6?
  13. P

Boys and Beams

My 4 yr old grandson loves Ol Blue. He'll grow into it...
  14. P

Lucas

found this on a Triumph site... thought the SAOCA crowd would enjoy it..
  15. P

tie rods

Looking for new tie rods.. none available through Rick or Curt... thoughts? Thanks
  16. P

after 43 years

Not too bad after 43 years..... last painted in 1992 VTO wheels, General Altimax tires.
  17. P

Coolant bypass

I finally found the source of an annoying leak! The pipe connection to the bypass hose, as seen in the photo, rusted through. Grrrrr
  18. P

suspension rebuild 2

Finished - new bushings, ball joints and shocks. I have not tightened the fulcrum pin nuts. The A arms moved freely up and down before final assembly. The car sits noticeably higher now than before the rebuild. Thoughts? Thanks
  19. P

Series V Suspension Rebuild

Ol Blue is in my shop, up on jack stands. The passenger side is now disassembled after a few minor struggles with nuts and bolts that have not been turned since the car was assembled in March, 1967. After scraping, cleaning and painting I wll take the A arms to a local shop to have the new...
  20. P

A arm bushings

I need to replace the upper and lower A arm bushings. Any tips or help beyond the WSM? Thanks!