• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. sunalp

Late Model Hardtop

I have a late model , large button, hard top for sale. It is complete with headliner & bows, all clamps rain gutters and rear window stainless . It has the usual rust in the rear corners but is very restorable. This is pick up only, but can deliver to Carlisle . $1,500. If you''d like more...
  2. sunalp

Ricks V6 Alpine is back on BAT!

Hey Rick, It's back! https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1962-sunbeam-alpine-12/
  3. sunalp

Scam Alert

Please be advised that it appears that my email has been hacked. If anyone receives an email from me with a document attached it is a scam or phishing device. If you do get one and are not sure, please PM me to verify that I sent it to you. I had one member here and a few friends tell me that...
  4. sunalp

Last Order of Rebel harnesses for 2022

Hi all, Hope everyone had a good holiday and are looking for 2023 to be even better than this year! I'll be placing my last order for the year either Thursday or Friday ( the 29th or 30th) to get the current pricing. There may be a price increase in the coming year so anyone interested in...
  5. sunalp

Wanted: tunnel carpeting

Need a decent tunnel carpet for a Series IV or V ( earlier cars might work as well) Converting a V6 car back to a "proper" Alpine and need this to cover the new tunnel. Doesn't have to be perfect, just useable. PM me with whatever you might have. Cheers! Steve
  6. sunalp

Rebel Harnesses for Alpines & Tigers

Just want to let everyone know that I'll be ordering a new batch of harnesses this coming week. If anyone has contemplated rewiring their cars I can have these very quickly. Anyone that wants one, please PM me . Cheers! Steve
  7. sunalp

1966 Mk1a Tiger

This is a parts or really ambitious restoration project. Very rusty and missing just about everything. Still has its original front suspension with complete steering, complete rear suspension with the panhard rod and bracket, the firewall and tunnel as well as the transmission mount, and...
  8. sunalp

Wanted Right rear valance corner for a S2

I need a right rear valance corner as rust free as I can find it. The one on the car is just gone. I can fabricate one, but it would be quicker if I can get one already to put on the car. Let me know if you have one available. Will even be willing to buy a complete valance! Cheers! Steve
  9. sunalp

Remanufactured Girling Brake Calipers

Hi All, I have two sets of remanufactured brake calipers for sale. They have been remanufactured with new 316 stainless pistons, all new seals including transfer ports, new grade 8 bolts and new bleeder screws. I will sell them at $285 per set ( with your rebuildable cores) plus shipping or...
  10. sunalp

Inner Rocker part number

Hi All, Working with Andy at Rootes Archive Center Trust trying to get a drawing of the inner rocker panel for a Series V . Does anyone have a "body" book that gives part number to panels? Trying to see if I can have a set made. Thanks! Appreciate any and all info! Cheers! Steve
  11. sunalp

Series 3-V Turn signal switch

I've got an extra turn signal switch which I just rebuilt with a kit from SS. It's a nice working switch with all the wiring intact, just plug it in and you're all set. Asking $150 plus shipping. Figured I'd post it here first before it goes to any other selling venue. Thanks! Steve
  12. sunalp

Humber Parts

I'm in the process of stripping the parts car that I bought for the restoration of another. I have an really nice 3.o liter six that I pulled is not stuck and I'm sure with power and fuel would run. I've spoken with a few members here and they suggested I post the engine. I'd rather give it to...
  13. sunalp

Parting out a Series V in NY

Just picked this up yesterday. The car is complete, but rusty. The drivetrain has been spoken for but just about everything else is up for grabs. PM me with any needs. Cheers! Steve
  14. sunalp

How to remove fuel fitting on nylon gas lines

I know, sounds like a silly question and usually I can get around this issue, but this car I'm working on is special. It's a one owner car purchased new in London ( as an export model) in 1968 and has remained with the family since. It has 38K original miles. I cleaned and sealed the gas tanks...
  15. sunalp

Series V in NY

Just browsing Craigslist and happened on this. Sounds like a decent car that needs a bit of work. No relation to the seller. https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/d/brooklyn-1966-sunbeam-alpine-mk-5/7212243243.html
  16. sunalp

November Calendar Picture

Imagine my surprise when I opened my ( then) new SAOCA calendar and saw this car on it! This is one of the two Humbers in my possession and this one was the parts car! I found this one sitting under pine trees in Pennsylvania. It's a right hand drive car and it had all the missing parts needed...
  17. sunalp

Series IV throttle firewall brackets

I'm in need of one or two firewall brackets to use on some Weber carb conversions and may look into reproducing them since they are getting harder to find. If you have one that you can spare, please let me know. Thanks! Steve
  18. sunalp

Got Brakes!

I purchased a " kit" from Dan R for the rear disk brakes for my Alpine. Dan sells the components, but I have a lot of work during the week and really couldn't afford the time to search and find parts. Dan was gracious enough to do that for me so it was complete. All I needed to do was bolt it on...
  19. sunalp

Need Stromberg Experts!

I have a customer with a one owner Alpine ( his father) that has 38K original miles. I had it in the shop for brakes, radiator and exhaust work. The car is almost perfectly stock and seems to run very well. On his way home, about 50 miles, his car stumbled a bit and a little while later it just...
  20. sunalp

Duraspark distributor question

I 'm working on a 2.8 with a Duraspark ignition. The car runs but surges and when restarting sounds like it's not timed correctly. No matter where I turn the dist it sounds the same. I replaced the ign module, no change. My question is under the cap. Under the rotor is a black gear that I'm...