• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. bernd_st

HLM - Dashboard formica

Does anybody have a good hint for a formica replacement which would be at least a close match to the original wood pattern/colour used on the HLM dashboard ? Haven't found anything proper yet...
  2. bernd_st

HLM project progress...

Finally and after beefing up staffs the body shop has made significant progress on my HLM project. Body is ready and roof is trial screw mounted now. Instead of just canting over the rear wings at the top they welded in 90° angle steel cants to give absolutely straight roof rests. Other than a...
  3. bernd_st

60 years Tiger trailer...

You have to watch this! Absolutely mouthwatering:
  4. bernd_st

Sunbeam Radio jingle...

Hard to believe! An original 1965 Sunbeam Radio jingle pimped up with a random slide show . Much fun. Turn the volume up ;)
  5. bernd_st

Series 3 Colour coded 61 interior...

Have just been offered a S3 Sports Colour coded 61 still with original paint. It comes with black interior and grey carpets, but if buying would like to turn it back means light blue seats with dark blue piping and light blue carpets. Would assume not many Quartz Blue Metallic cars were built...
  6. bernd_st

Rootes Dealer Special Tool Panel ?

Out of curiosity and in order to potentially build a repro. Does anybody have such an item? If yes, Pictures and dimensions would be nice :rolleyes:
  7. bernd_st

Unknown part identification...

Does anybody know this part ? It came with a stash of late SV Alpine & Hunter parts. It's a 5/16 UNF screw, 1 1/4" long and with a serration under the head. However the head is only conical but nothing to grip on. Not even an Allen head. Could be from a Hunter but not sure...
  8. bernd_st

You got a strange effect on me - and I like it...

Nice video. Congrats to Andrew for this great resto result:
  9. bernd_st

Rust Valley restorers - Sunbeams !

In one of the recent RV restorers TV feature I surprisingly detected that the owner was fiddling with a white early series Alpine. When asked by his son he replied that he likes them plus it's his sixth Alpine now. Checked their website and indeed found two early series in the 11th picture from...
  10. bernd_st

Oversize 1725 valve guides existing ?

We are just rebuilding a 1725 alu head over here which let loose the valve guides at 70° C washing temperature. Looks like the guides were replaced by some PO with head bores appearantly widened. Not good we know, but in order to rescue this otherwise good head we are asking ourselves whether...
  11. bernd_st

Padded roll clips needed...

Looking for 3 pcs. of the padded roll spring steel clips as shown on picture attached. Alternatively a used smooth padded roll will also do...
  12. bernd_st

6° C and a little trip to our local Italian Restaurant...

Getting winter here in Germany, but couldn't refrain to take the family to an Italian Restaurant tonight. Soft top down - of course ;-). Parking sight: Another sunshine, but cold day forecasted for tomorrow. We'll enjoy a greater trip then...
  13. bernd_st

In the mail today...

Just got 2 original Zenith rebuild kits from the sixties today. Great find after many years nothing like that came up anymore. That period temperature insulator is way better than the cheap black plastic repro thingy which is in the rebuild kits nowadays....
  14. bernd_st

Zenith inlet manifold with interesting modification...

Just picked up an early series Zenith manifold from glass blasting and that PO appearantly had added two screw in vacuum pick off pipes. Haven't tried it yet, but could make sense when connected to a set of Motorcycle vacuum synchronizers...
  15. bernd_st

Nice HLM Article...

A pretty nice little article about a HLM now resting in NZ : https://themotorhood.com/themotorhood/2015/7/2/superior-sunbeam-1961-sunbeam-harrington-le-mans
  16. bernd_st

Oil feed pipe - Non return valve

Can anybody please do me a favour and measure the diameter of that little steel ball sitting in the Non return valve. I'm talking about that chain oiler pipe sitting next to the timing gear. The steel ball is spring loaded. Just dropped the last one I had on my workshop floor and it disappeared...
  17. bernd_st

Wire wheel hub O-ring replacement

For those of you running wire wheels and missing the proper sealing O-ring a 60 x 3 mm standard rubber one will do
  18. bernd_st

Hot Sunbeam Alpine GT

Just found. Cool :):
  19. bernd_st

Pulling S2 wire wheel hubs just to find poor workmanship...

Just wanted to share my today's Entertainment. Pulling S2 wire wheel hubs almost as described in the WSM. Both popped loose w/o press usage, but one side halfshaft appearantly mistreated by former Workshop. Obviously they (mis-)used a press earlier. The nut was only partially on, so they used...
  20. bernd_st

72 CGX...

When looking @ Jan's website I stumbled over this HLM which is listed under "no info". Is it only the picture, my poor eyesight, or does that car feature a retractable sunroof ?