• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. britbeam

1962 Sunbeam V6 For Sale

1962 Sunbeam Alpine V6 Modified using V6 Jose installation Kit Ford 2.8 V6 , T5 Ford 5spd transmission 4bl Holley 390cfm carb mounted on a Offey Dual Port manifold Melling Hi-Volume oil pump Rear lever action shocks have been mod to...
  2. britbeam

Ford V6 rocker covers

I know this has probably been asked many times so I apologize. Ive been out of the loop for a while and I tried to use the search but can't get that to work. Has anyone found a source for the Ford 2.8 V6 finned rocker covers. Thanks Dwain "V6 Krazy"
  3. britbeam

British Motorcar Show"Townsend,Tn

May 9th-11th Is The Annual British Car Show In Townsend ,tn.it Is Held At The Talley Ho Inn And Usually Has About 150 Cars. Any Sunbeams Going To The Show? Im Heading Up After Work On The 9th. Havent Been In A Few Years So I Thought I Would Give It Ago. This Year Also Includes European Cars And...
  4. britbeam

Windscreen

Has anyone purchased a Series 2 windscreen from Victoria British? Was it of good quality and did it fit the frame correctly? Im wanting to change my Series 2 windshield and just want any info about the product VB offers. Thanks Dwain C
  5. britbeam

Early Series Shock Conversion

Just finished the tube shock conversion for my series 2. I couldnt be more satisfied with Dougs bracket Kit. Sturdy, quality work and should last the lifetime of the car. I used Monroe gas shocks P/N 33033. Seems to ride very nice. If anyone wants to see this conversion I will be at the Invasion...
  6. britbeam

Non Peaked Headlight ring

Has anyone out there in Alpine land tried to modify peaked headlight rings to a non peaked configuration? I imagine it would require cutting ,welding and grinding. Dwain V6 Krazy
  7. britbeam

Spring Perchs

You guys that have installed the Ford 8" rear diff have you found a source for the spring perchs to weld to the Ford diff for the Alpine springs? Forgive me for being lazy but if you already have a source I would appreceate a headsup. Dwain V6 Krazy
  8. britbeam

Center Caps for Minator Wheels

Has anyone found center caps for the Minator wheels other than the ones provided with them. The caps that come with the wheels are cheep looking. They are painted grey and bend easily. Dwain V6 Krazy
  9. britbeam

Alpines on Craigslist

Hey Guys I just noticed there are 5 Alpines on Atlanta, Georgia Craigslist. Are they any good you be the judge just passing on what I saw. Dwain V6 Krazy
  10. britbeam

Darkside Guru V6 Jose

Just a headsup for you Darksiders in the Atlanta ,Ga area. If you are in the middle of a V6 Mod, Have a finished V6 Mod or just thinking you would like to understand more about the V6 Mod V6 Jose will be in the Atlanta area from April 26th to April 28th. After that he will be at the Invasion...
  11. britbeam

Wheel lug nut torque

What is the correct wheel lug nut torque for the Alpine? Dwain
  12. britbeam

Tire Size

Im using the 13" minator wheels standard width(I think 5 1/2 "). What tire sizes are you guys using on this width ? What is the widest tire that can be safely used on this width of wheel? After seeing the video Nick posted its time to purchase new tires for my Alpine. Dwain V6 Krazy
  13. britbeam

Boot cover for Series 2

Has anyone tried using the later series Alpine boot cover on a series 2. The cover that goes over the conv Top when its down. I have a roll bar I would like to install but then there goes the hard metal covers for the Vinyl covers. Just wanting to know if the later series would work. Thanks...
  14. britbeam

Sunbeam Alpines FOR SAle

I have no intrest in these cars or time to go look at them but if your looking for a Alpine checkout Craigslist Atlanta,Ga Race car----(sale-874732523@craigslist.com 3 Alpines for $3995 (sale-87739862 I hope this helps someone towards ownership of the Alpine they want...
  15. britbeam

SV Alpine For Sale

I have a SV rolling chassis ready for final sand and paint. Now offering body(rolling chassis only ,engine no longer for sale. $1500. Body is in great condition.Why deal with rust repairs when you can have a California clean body. The trunk and hood will require more time to be ready for paint...
  16. britbeam

Western style basket wheels

Ebay #360043204151 These are 13" 5.5 width basket wheels .These look good on the Alpine. I just saw them and thought maybe someone would like to know. Dwain V6 Krazy
  17. britbeam

Capri Wheels

Will the early 70s mercury Capri wheels fit on the Stock Alpine bolt pattern? Has anyone actually used these wheels and are they wider than the stock Alpine wheel? Thks Dwain V6 Krazy
  18. britbeam

Ford Rear Diff Modification

I have just disasembled my Ford 8" rear diff out of the 74 Mutt 2. I would like to hear from guys who have already accomplished this mod and have it running in their Alpines now. Questions: Did you shorten each tube & how much? What did you do for the parking brake...
  19. britbeam

Suspension Straps

What is the function of the rear suspension strap on the Alpine? Dwain
  20. britbeam

V6 Exhaust Header Gaskets

Just some technical assistance here. Those of us with the V6 will at sometime need to change the header gaskets as I am now. I had to do some searching to find the gaskets for the headers so I would like to share the info.I tried the local guys NAPA,Advance ,Autozone etc. but no one could help...