• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. SteveSeriesV

Series V rear brake parts

I have been trying to contact Sunbeam Specialties for a week with no success. Are they still open? I need to replace rear brakes....cylinders (both), shoes, drums and hardware. Any suggestions? Please contact me direct at stevescott2010@gmail.com, if you can help. Unfortunately car has not been...
  2. SteveSeriesV

Membership donation

Several weeks ago, I made a donation to this site. I just recently rec'd 2 items in the mail, a poster and a calendar that cost $7.35 and $3.05 in postage. I would suggest that an option to not receive these items be included, because I feel that too much of my donation, while nice to receive...
  3. SteveSeriesV

turn signal

I removed the turn signals to install new kit from SS. Put it all back together and re-installed on column... wouldn't work. Tried 2 more times with same results. Would anyone have a picture of the unit or any experience rebuilding? Should have included that it was a Series V
  4. SteveSeriesV

Transmission woes

Out for a nice drive on a sunny Sunday in my Series V. Stopped a light, put into gear and pulled away. It felt as though it had slipped out of gear as there was no power to the wheels. I was able to depress the clutch as normal and move the shifter into all gears, but still no power. After...
  5. SteveSeriesV

installing miata seats

have just purchased a nice set of 1996 miata seats and am looking for tips on installation from those who have done this before. Happy New Year everyone!!
  6. SteveSeriesV

new master brake cylinder

I have not been satisfied with the braking (no Brake servo) for a long time and have decided to follow Jeff Scoville's idea of installing a Summit Racing master cylinder, before trying to obtain and install, what seems to be, unreliable brake servos. Are there any issues I need to be aware of...
  7. SteveSeriesV

Brake lights

I was out for a drive today and a friend, who was following noticed that I had no brake lights. When I got home, I had my daughter check and the lights were only on when the brake pedal was completely depressed. Anything less and there were no lights. Can this be fixed and how would I go about it?
  8. SteveSeriesV

Series V tachometer

I am looking for a diagram or picture of the back of a tachometer for Series V. Trying to determine correct wiring from ignition thru plastic retainer on back of tach to coil. Does it matter where loop is and which way wire from ignition passes thru it?
  9. SteveSeriesV

working tachometer for Series V

would like to replace my non working tach. while I have the dash apart