• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. C

Spare Tire

Spare and gun are both emergency items that are rarely needed, but when needed it is usually not the best of situations. But I get the hint.
  2. C

Spare Tire

As a guy with lots of miles on specialty cars, a spare is seldom needed but can be a life-saver. We usually caravan when in a Street Rod and I have seen several tires with CUTS...especially on the sidewall. Green goo will not fix that. I'll admit it is rare but my wife travels with me, and...
  3. C

Windshield

Victoria British and NOT tinted.
  4. C

Spare Tire

I forgot, you have 15" and GINORMUS rotors. The Ford 14" wheel may fit...if fingers crossed.
  5. C

Spare Tire

Bill, the 165 x 65 - 14 I bought from some Chinese tire company fits the well on a 14" x 5" rim, and bolts to the OEM mount. The tire is about $50.00 delivered.
  6. C

Undercoating

Bill, a lot of Street Rod guys use trunk bed liner near the muffler/heat areas but rubberized undercoating everywhere else for the sound deadening effect. Not sure if Bed spray does much deadening of sound, but a good layer of rubberized undercoating does. Remember the old Spatter Trunk Paint...
  7. C

Auto transmission floor shifter

Barry, so an Overdrive lockout like the button on the end of some Ford levers. Push in to engage or disengage the OD. Going down a steep grade is not good in OD for example.
  8. C

Okay Bill and Bill and 260, I had this all figured out...I thought, now I am not so sure. My tranny was built by an expert 4 years ago just before we sold the farm and moved, so it has been sitting. I explained to the guy what I wanted and he said he could do it with an early A4LD that used...
  9. C

Bill Eisinger, THANKS for the heads-up on the shifter. I am using an A4LD with a Push-on-push-off button to engage the torque converter lock-up. I was asked what happens if I forget to unlock the lock-up? I told him, the same thing that happens if you forget to push in on the clutch pedal with a...
  10. C

DuraPine II

Dan, "nerve" is not the half of it. He drives that thing all over the US. THAT is faith in ones work.
  11. C

14" wheels that fit the Alpine 4 lug

After mounting 175 x 70R - 14 and 185 x 70R - 14 to check clearance and tire size differences, this is what I found. The front smaller tires AS MOUNTED are 23 3/8" tall and 7" wide on the 5" rims. This is close to factory numbers but not exact. The rear bigger tires are 24" tall and 7 1/4" wide...
  12. C

AND SO THE FUN BEGINS

Series6, a picture is truly worth 10,000 words.
  13. C

Not that lucky 65sunbeam. I am looking now but I do know Baby Moons are made that do fit.
  14. C

These wheels can be seen on-line at Wheels Express Inc. The delivery slip says 14 x 5 size - 4 x 4.25 bolt pattern OEM Ford steel wheel (Nice condition No Pitting or Damage, Checked for Trueness) Fits Ford rear wheel (drive) cars.
  15. C

Pictures relevant to recent posts

Here are pictures of my second Alpine, the 14" x 5" steel wheels, and the spare mounted.
  16. C

AND SO THE FUN BEGINS

Joel, thanks for the explanation. Just looking at the pictures it looked like one may need to modify the inner fender wells to get into the engine bay. That could cause the vent passage to take up fender-well space. Obviously that problem if it existed, has been solved. My questions may seem...
  17. C

AND SO THE FUN BEGINS

Great, I will assume there are zero tire issues. Looking at your first picture I could see what looks like the front brake rotor, and the car is unweighted, I think. With tires mounted I wondered if there was possible clearance problems there. My front crossmember is removed so I could not look...
  18. C

AND SO THE FUN BEGINS

Joel, I probably missed the discussion but are there any tire issues doing this? Engine heat should be greatly reduced plus it looks COOL as anything.
  19. C

The pictures are the spare 165 x 65-14 tire on a 5th wheel 14 x 5 - 4.25 rim. It fits down in the spare tire well but the tires on the ground are too big.
  20. C

Here is the info for what I bought for my Alpine. The on-line source I used for my steel wheels is "bgfilip2000" and his wheels are checked before painting. At $41.00 each they were the best price I found on-line or anywhere for 4 lug on 4.25" with a center hole that clears the Alpine front hub...